email scams

asperity

The scammers don't seem to be resting at home. I've had 2 scam emails today, one supposedly from TV Licensing and the other from supposedly Netflix on phishing expeditions. They both claim that they have been unable to collect my Direct Debit payment and that I have to follow the link and set up a new DD. Stay wary folks and keep your banking details safe!!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, asperity said:

The scammers don't seem to be resting at home. I've had 2 scam emails today, one supposedly from TV Licensing and the other from supposedly Netflix on phishing expeditions. They both claim that they have been unable to collect my Direct Debit payment and that I have to follow the link and set up a new DD. Stay wary folks and keep your banking details safe!!

I got one this morning(fake FEDEX ) ,but luckily Outlook Mail filter dodgy looking mail into a junk box so I just delete straight away.

3 hours ago, asperity said:

I ignored it, thinking I was making a stand against the BBC  ,  good job I did !     😄

• Haha 2

I've had an email one from TV licencing too and it even had their (TV Licencing) real domain name but it was a scam as I know my TV licence payment has been pad fine and their email didn't give our name and had a few typos in it .  Bloody annoying these scammers but clever too as I did think it was genuine at first.

• 2 months later...

they have stopped sending me scam emails.

three email accounts and not one scam email in any of them for three months now.

I think i may have upset them somehow. i keep replying asking for them to send the money so that i can set up an account for them to send the money to.

In a similar vein i got an odd phone call yesterday. along the lines of "this from from" unintelligible company name "our operatives are all busy but not to worry we will call back at a later date as  the call is not important" "however if you wish to be removed from our calling list please call this number" didn't bother listening to it "and you will not be bothered by us again".

So an unimportant phone call that would probably cost me in the region of £10 per minute when i called back to be removed from their system.

ps still not heard from "Dave" from microsoft technical department....🙁