A perfect storm -

Observer II

Following previous outbreaks, think a huge number of Chinese have permanently adopted mask wearing, even to the point where some see them as fashion items.

Last year I was on Devil's Causeway in Northern Ireland, miles from any civilisation with a strong wind blowing directly off the Atlantic. You probably couldn't have wished for cleaner fresher air anywhere in the world, yet the place was full of Chinese tourists, all wearing their masks. 

Bill :)

There are thousands of Chinese students at our Universities, the UKBF are incapable of preventing illegal entry by migrants.  So it will get into the UK. Then we'll have the mad dash to GPs surgeries and A&E, while sneezing over everyone.  The NHS already overwhelmed won't cope, unless special isolation hospitals are built, as in China.  So quite dire,  if it resembles the 1918 Pandemic.  Looks like the Planet's revenge for over population and exploitation.

Did anyone else notice that the coaches transferring the people to the isolation hospital last week each had someone at the front wearing a full isolation suit and visor.

Sitting right next to them was the driver who was wearing a short sleeved shirt and tie.

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Did anyone else notice that the coaches transferring the people to the isolation hospital last week each had someone at the front wearing a full isolation suit and visor.

Sitting right next to them was the driver who was wearing a short sleeved shirt and tie.

Yes I noticed it too. I guessed that the person in the suit would be required to attend to any passenger who became ill. There is some notion that you have to be within two metres of someone for 15 minutes to be a close contact and I presume that the driver is shielded by a screen from direct cough droplets.

I think i read somewhere that the virus can survive for about 45 minutes on surfaces, similar to the cold/flu virus to which is also a coronavirus. but a different strain.

Maybe the person in the hazmat suit is the one who is suspected of having the virus. it would make more sense to enclose a potentially infected person than not and easier to contain the spread of any infection.

10 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

I think i read somewhere that the virus can survive for about 45 minutes on surfaces, similar to the cold/flu virus to which is also a coronavirus. but a different strain.

Maybe the person in the hazmat suit is the one who is suspected of having the virus. it would make more sense to enclose a potentially infected person than not and easier to contain the spread of any infection.

Sid et al, the BBC have a story explaining the Drivers lack of protective attire here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-51355255

so if you need to be in contact with an infected person for at least fifteen  minutes why did the drivers have to quarantine themselves and why are the coaches undergoing a deep clean.

brize norton to arrowe park is 3 plus hours drive.

The drivers involved in the convoy to Arrowe Park Hospital have taken time off work in quarantine conditions at home, as part of precautions taken by the company.

The coaches were in a lockup facility in Liverpool undergoing a deep clean, he said.