Twitterarchy -

Observer II

They're already there Dave; a Black Feminist on Mayor Khan's staff, made a complaint about a "Gentleman's sandwich" brand.  MPs have spent the last few weeks discussing bullying in Parliament, even down to one person mimicking another - how pathetic is that.   And the laugh is, an alleged perpetrator, the Speaker, is a four foot nothing dwarf !  No wonder Government is no longer fit for purpose.     :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 18/10/2018 at 12:02 PM, Observer II said:

Seems the PC Brigade now dictate the social norm via twitter - EG:  Kleenex being the latest target; where objections to the term "Man Size Tissues" have caused them to change the brand to "Extra Large" -  why do these companies take notice of these people ?

Free publicity,and it seems to have worked.

Next step in a few months , They will reinstate the name"By popular demand" and more free paper space.

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2018 at 6:16 PM, asperity said:

Will Philips be forced to rename their "Ladyshave"? Any suggestions as to an alternative name?

On 10/19/2018 at 6:39 PM, Observer II said:

Beaver Trim ? !   :D

OMG :lol::lol::lol:  Having read the first comments on the topic I was about to give my view too on the ridiculous name change etc.......but thanks to you Asp for asking the question  then you Obs posting 'Beaver Trim' I am sat here crying laughing and have lost my sensible thoughts on the subject.  So funny you two lol :lol:   

There was a particularly vitriolic article emerged yesterday about the person who racially abused another person on a Ryanair flight. (Please note the gender neutral). The comments for & against all parties on "social media",as it is now grandly termed, would surely prejudice any future court case . Social media really is no more than a gossip column to air your views  recklessly at arms length & a medium in which to air your dirty washing in public.

Had a post on faceache today about the titanic. it showed a guy carrying a toddler to the lifeboat and an officer looking at them and saying "sorry sir women and children first." the reply underneath was the guy retorting "did you just assume my gender".

With the current trend to film everything  on phones these days it makes me wonder how many would have survived the titanic sinking. How many would have drowned filming it going down?:(

• Upvote 1