New to the area - Hello!

ThatCrazyLady

Hello!

I moved to Warrington 2 weeks ago - and I'm not going to lie I'm lost!

I'd only had the privilege to come to your county twice before I moved (and that was to choose a house!)

I'm from the midlands and have lived in the same town for 23 years so I'm very lost all this way up north!

I don't know if this is the right place to post but just wanted to say hi and have sooooo many questions for you guys!

So - a bit about me - I am a tea drinker, bargain hunter and love walking my crazy dog Rudy!

So how are you? Its lovely to meet you! Tell me a bit about yourself!

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the forum "That Crazy Lady" and judging by your name you will get on famously with the other forum members on here.

I am the site owner and don't post as often as i used to but still keep my beady eye on activity on here.

Watch out for Dizzy as she will also be keeping a beady eye on you as our moderator :wink:

Which part of town are you living in?

Hello!

Thankyou for the quick reply!

I live in Lowton! But not near the town bit?

Again - did I mention I was lost?

Lowton is in Warrington isn't it?

Is it yourself that devises the sign up questions? I must admit I think I may not have passed the IQ test - it took me 3 tries to get the questions right!

Whales live in the sea right?!

Hiya That Crazy Lady and welcome to the forum :D

Oooh I always thought Lowton was in Wigan so no good asking me for directions if you're lost ha ha.

Can't think of much to tell you about me as I'm feeling a bit dejected now Gary has made me out to sound like a nine eyed evil monster with razor sharp talons.  

I only actually have 4 eyes   :lol:  

PS well done for getting Gary to post twice already today and it's only 10am.  That must be a record for you Gary :P

Wigan is where they eat pies and have a naff rubgy team :wink: 

Just looked at a map though and Wigan looks as far away from Lowton as Warrington is in the other direction and Lowton seems to have WA postcodes so you must be classed as being part Warrington. 

Poor you, but saying that Warrington's new Primark shop opens in two days if you like bargains and cheap tat   :lol:  

Welcome from the evil one on here( although some may say different) don't worry about being lost I was born in warrington and can get lost walking round town centre these days. However one way to look at it is that you are not lost you are here but have no clue where here is.

Feel free to join in on any topic and start a few of your, one word of warning you will tend to find that after about six or seven replies the topic invariably ends up as an argument about immigration and the EU.

about me though, little is known apart from that i am a part time poet and semi proffesional layabout. (hoping to turn pro in anout nine years if i last that long). Have a dog but at fifteen it has got to the point that a half hour walk is usually about two hundred yards. hate tea as it gives me chronic indigestion but will drink coffee till it runs out of my ears. (drink so much that in theory i should never sleep) Have enjoyed three years of happily married life, the last thirty three were not so happy but that is marriage for you.

you will find us a friendly bunch and despite what people say very helpful, what we do not know we will search out with patience and diligence, well it helps to pass the time between sleeps.

so good luck and hope the car passes it's mot first time. :twisted:

That Crazy Lady (too long a name for me from now on I shall address you as TCL), welcome to the forum, don't worry about being lost everyone in Warrington is lost and so are most of the members on here, posts go on for that long that eventually they forget what they were originally about. Many families in Warrington  have ancestors from the midlands and mine is one of them, in the late 1800's many men travelled from the steelworks in the midlands and their families followed, to gain employment in Monks steelmill at Athertons Quay and the foundry's at Dallam & Bewsey, the 1901 census shows many families in the small streets adjacent to those mills were full of families that had travelled from the midlands.

I'm glad you have found us we are in need of new blood!.

clap-animated-animation-clap-smiley-emot

Welcome from the evil one on here( although some may say different) don't worry about being lost I was born in warrington and can get lost walking round town centre these days. However one way to look at it is that you are not lost you are here but have no clue where here is.

Feel free to join in on any topic and start a few of your, one word of warning you will tend to find that after about six or seven replies the topic invariably ends up as an argument about immigration and the EU.

about me though, little is known apart from that i am a part time poet and semi proffesional layabout. (hoping to turn pro in anout nine years if i last that long). Have a dog but at fifteen it has got to the point that a half hour walk is usually about two hundred yards. hate tea as it gives me chronic indigestion but will drink coffee till it runs out of my ears. (drink so much that in theory i should never sleep) Have enjoyed three years of happily married life, the last thirty three were not so happy but that is marriage for you.

you will find us a friendly bunch and despite what people say very helpful, what we do not know we will search out with patience and diligence, well it helps to pass the time between sleeps.

so good luck and hope the car passes it's mot first time. :twisted:

Hi Evil one! I have seen the poets section and may pluck up the courage to post some time - although most of mine are ditties about peculiar things - will have a peruse later!

One has to ask (for market research) how did you end up on here - did you get lost? :mrgreen:

I am a very active member of my local forum and have loved it! Made so many great friends, deals and learnt so much!

I think that local forums have a lot of value and knowledge so its one of the first things I googled when moving!

Although I did get a little bit lost and nearly ended up on a Warrington Polish forum somehow.....

That Crazy Lady (too long a name for me from now on I shall address you as TCL), welcome to the forum, don't worry about being lost everyone in Warrington is lost and so are most of the members on here, posts go on for that long that eventually they forget what they were originally about. Many families in Warrington  have ancestors from the midlands and mine is one of them, in the late 1800's many men travelled from the steelworks in the midlands and their families followed, to gain employment in Monks steelmill at Athertons Quay and the foundry's at Dallam & Bewsey, the 1901 census shows many families in the small streets adjacent to those mills were full of families that had travelled from the midlands.

I'm glad you have found us we are in need of new blood!.

clap-animated-animation-clap-smiley-emot

Hey! I have moved due to work but unfortunately not steelworks! Thankyou for the history update - maybe you all have a bit of stokie in you then?

Ey duck?!

Welcome from myself, too. I am only an occasional poster as I only have the time and access when at work overnight - often near the Haydock Island on the East Lancashire Road, not too far from Lowton. I am an ex-teacher, ex-courier and another soon-to-be-professional layabout unless they move retirement age yet again!

Although most on here really are crazy, all are extremely helpful, so never be afraid to ask questions of us.

8)