Police Crime Commissioners.

Davy51

We are seeing adverts now about the above. Is the idea to take the place of Chief Constables or is it just another tier of officialdom to take the flack off CC's in the local constabulary performance stakes.

Apparently the idea is from America where it is popular. Why don't we just elect the CC instead ?

As I've said elsewhere, this is merely a position to screen the Government from blame; they won't have any more money to spend and the cuts will go on. As for the politics - apparently the winning candidate has to swear an oath of impartially, which is clearly nonesense if political party candidates are allowed to stand. :rolleyes:

A man waiting for a bus outside a car showroom stands admiring a shiny new red car.

Salesman says ”Nice car sir you’ve clearly got a good eye for a beautiful car”

“nah not interested” says the bloke

“Well then what about the blue one then, it’s a cracker with low mileage” says the salesman

“Nah I told you I’m really not interested”

“Well how about the yellow one”

“Stop “ says the bloke. “I’m not interested because I’ve got a lifetime driving ban”

Salesman says “well how about a grey one!”

I’m not voting because I don’t think it will make a jot of difference and that’s got absolutely nothing to do with political views or lack of.

Bill :)

How can you vote for something that you know nothing about?

Received the election cards, but that's all. :roll:

That is why they do not tell you anything Peter.... so everyone will vote in the same way as they would normally in a general election. Which probably means that most of the commissioners this time round will be Labour (with the odd independant) because that is how most would vote in a general election..... give the bloody nose to the government scenario

That is why they do not tell you anything Peter.... so everyone will vote in the same way as they would normally in a general election. Which probably means that most of the commissioners this time round will be Labour (with the odd independant) because that is how most would vote in a general election..... give the bloody nose to the government scenario

That's why an elected Mayor to run the council wouldn't work. He would be affiliated to some party.

We've not had any voting cards or anything through the letter box about it at all or any info about who is standing around here. I haven't got a clue what it's all about really.

I looked on the local police website and some info there but I still don't get it .... although a job paying £75k a year where you can set your own working hours sounds pretty cushy to me.

PS the police are asking for photos of people's halloween pumpkin's and bonfires by the way... best ones get on their website. Now where's my pumpkin carvers :D