Pink Ladies Taxis

LaurenM

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant see why PL cant just get plated and run a as private hire operation (just like abba,harrys etc) and offer a better service then the rest, like passengers should be getting.passengers want a clean car,clean driver at the time they want. they could do well running a reliable legal "private hire" sevice. yet they seem to be on a mission to prove they are not running any kind of "private hire" or "taxi" service. yet they are in the taxi/private hire section in yell.com ???????? they cant have it both ways

[ 24.02.2008, 19:38: Message edited by: the taxi team ]

Originally posted by Pink'n'Proud:

There's only one green one, and initially it was the only one partners were allowed in. You can't sign up, but your partner can, why don't you suggest it to her, then you can experience yourself just how reliable and safe we really are.

:)

please can you tell me HOW you or any other pink ladie driver is safer then a wbc badged (male or female) driver

you might be busy.thats not my issue. youre busy in the first place by putting a fear back into customers that is not deserved by the trade as a whole. second you let people down just the same as other ph firms, but unlike like them youre letting down people who feel unsure about taxis due to your advets etc so they dont know how to get home and havent got the cash because they pepaid you.

none of that proves your drivers are safer than any lic driver.i have to prove to wbc that im safe on behalf of the public .but you dont.

i have you prove that my car is safe for the job every 6 months. you dont. i have rules to follow you can make them up as you go along. i cant. nobody like rules but they are there to protect the public and me, my wife,daughter get taxis as well and i would want to know if the drivers safe etc

We didn't put the fear into anyone, a few terrible incidents did, and you're right, not all of you deserve to be tarred with the same brush,most of you are quite pleasant and it's not so much that we're safer than any licensed driver, it's just that women feel at ease with us, how many times have you heard "I don't like being the last one in the taxi"? I've heard it hundreds of times. You could have your wife and daughter join us and get their opinion. (Please don't be offended by that last sentence.)

[ 24.02.2008, 20:17: Message edited by: Pink'n'Proud ]

I don?t likw repeating things but in the absence of an answer I?ll put my point yet again.

What I think your saying here is that your cars have a standard MOT just like mine and in fact like every other car on the road. The problem with this is that your vehicles are NOT the same as the typical family car because they?re used as ?taxis? and so are subjected to considerably higher levels of wear and tear on account of their high mileage. (100K / annum is not uncommon)

Unless you know better that those who define the rules for public safety and bearing in mind that beneath the pink exterior is a cheap French van with windows, the rules demands that tests are more frequent and more rigorous for ?taxis? than for a standard cars.

So, cards on the table. Will you now be submitting your fleet for the same council inspections as all the other ?taxis? in the town?

Bill :)

[ 24.02.2008, 20:28: Message edited by: Bill ]

Well if there's definately not another loophole then perhaps here's a more logical explanation.

PL's obviously offer a good service and their members seem happy (not had many complaints on here)... so maybe there is a problem with WBC and PL's obtaining their new licences.

If as WBC said PL's are still trading illegally then surely they would have stopped them from trading by now.

If however WBC cannot or will not supply them with the relevant licences for some reason (are there only so many per year, I'm not sure) then perhaps PL's, as a successful and somewhat recognised company in higher circles :wink: , may be allowed to continue until the whole issue is finally resolved :wink:

Out of curiosity and NOT trying to stir things up, a car is a car, and a taxi possibly does more mileage than a businessman driving up and down the motorway every week(though I doubt it), so why does a taxi need to be tested more often?plus the fact that as soon as you leave the MOT centre it is not worth the paper it is written on as it doesn't guarantee that the vehicle is roadworthy?

Large vans and wagons I can understand as there is a lot more wear and tear. :confused:

There are stories of taxi drivers swapping wheels with other drivers to ensure they were legal before going for the test.... and then swapping back afterwards!!

I still don't see how some bloke driving a K reg Sierra or a battered old Astra can charge as much for a journey as someone driving a brand new "proper" taxi or that smart looking S Class which I have seen around town lately. :D

The two mot's on taxis are probably just a money making excercise particularly as they cost so much more than a normal cars MOT.

Regardless of wether it's a taxi or a private car they are still cars like Peter said, and both have the same workings and therefore the same things to check in an MOT so the cost should be the same.

Wouldn't say an MOT is a complete waste of paper though cos don't they check things like your tyres, brakes, emissions, seatbelts, suspension, steering etc etc?

the issue over paying more for a better car dosent come into it as a rule . All taxis in warrington charge the same rate as they are set by WBC and cant charge no more. private hire (eg abba , harrys etc ) can charge any thing they want as long as its the office price and is displayed in the car. The extra testing on the car is needed due it being a lot tougher than an m.o.t and covers more items.The 2 tests are due to the high mileage, example 45K for one driver to 80k for a car with two drivers. thats a lot of mileage for a car or cab. remember avarage mileage is 12/15k per year. so when a taxi p/h car can do that type of mileage could the public be sure that the car is safe if it only has an M.O.T when its 3 years old from new and done a possable 140k-250k miles and no indepentant check.

Originally posted by Pink'n'Proud:

.....i've answered your question as much as i'm going to.

Why not just answer Bill's questions fully that way he'll go away and leave you alone :wink:

By not answering people's questions etc you are making it appear like there are still issues which are somewhat questionable :wink:8)

Originally posted by the taxi team:

pnp

can you also remind your drivers not to turn right of parker st onto sankey st there are big signs that say NO RIGHT turn. like one did this morning

thank you

im doing my bit for your passengers well being

Your just being picky now TTT :P

[ 25.02.2008, 20:03: Message edited by: Dismayed ]

Originally posted by Dismayed:

Originally posted by the taxi team:

pnp

can you also remind your drivers not to turn right of parker st onto sankey st there are big signs that say NO RIGHT turn. like one did this morning

thank you

im doing my bit for your passengers well being

Your just being picky now TTT :P
SORRY :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

[ 25.02.2008, 20:09: Message edited by: the taxi team ]