Wembley apathy?

Gary

Just been around the town centre the eve before Wembley and you could count the number of shop premises/offices showing primrose and blue on one hand.

Not spotted that many houses decked out either.

There were certainly more England flags out for the World Cup.

Do other people think there has been apathy this year?

Do other people think there has been apathy this year?

As a non-fan, it appears to me there was mass hysteria last year becasue it was so long since Wolves have lifted a cup, now this season it's not the same, I even had to ask someone at the golf club the other night if this was the same trophy they were defending, such was the relative lack of excitement, flag waving, and coverage there seemed to be compared to a year ago.

Apathy maybe is too strong a word, it's just the nature of sport, the first time, or the first time in a long time, aways creates more excitement than winning repeatedly.

Not a bit of blue or yellow to be seen in Stockton Heath Village today :? Was expecting all the shops to be decked out in colour but nothing.

There are two cars near us that have car flags on but that's about it :roll:

Check out the florist near the swing bridge - I am sure I spotted a bit of primrose and blue there!

Once the RL decided that winning the league was hardly worth the effort, and the CC Final should be in August, and promotion and relegation were no longer necessary and teams like Harlequins, Celtic Crusaders and Catalans should be in the league, then I lost interest. :roll::roll:

Went round my mums this afternoon and the match was on her telly... she was asleep!!

I watched the last 10 minutes of the match and to be honest, it didn't really change my opinions... it was a load of pig ugly; thug like blokes punching, fighting, biting and kicking their way from one end of a pitch to the other.... under the pretence of playing a sport...

Most of the players look older than me and as for the tackling; how they can call what I would call assault, tackling is beyond me!

They would all fit perfectly well down Bridge Street on a Saturday night

Went round my mums this afternoon and the match was on her telly... she was asleep!!

Did she stay asleep after you got there too :lol::P

I watched the last 10 minutes of the match and to be honest, it didn't really change my opinions... it was a load of pig ugly; thug like blokes

Completely disagree... yes some are a bit ugly with their cabbage like features but some are definately not :D:wink: And for those who's facial features are slightly mis-shapen they still have rather nice arms, legs and torsos :D

....punching, fighting, biting and kicking their way from one end of a pitch to the other.... under the pretence of playing a sport...

What were you watching Baz as I don't recall seeing punching, biting or fighting :? . There were some great tackles though :wink:

I was impressed by the sporting way they all played and also they very professional way that the managers/coaches? conducted themselves too.

Unlike football there were was no foul play such as deliberate slide tackles to break your opponents legs and certainly no pretend fake falls in the hope of a penatly :lol: Footy players are rather whimpish too with every little bump (or no bump) resulting in them falling to the ground in 'apparent' agony :roll::lol: Can't believe how rugby players just jump up and carry one regardless. Tough or what :shock:

Most of the players look older than me

Age is only a number Baz :wink: They may look older but the are certainly very physically fit.....and they won :wink:

.... and as for the tackling; how they can call what I would call assault, tackling is beyond me!

Assault :lol::lol::lol: It's a game that they chose to play :P

They would all fit perfectly well down Bridge Street on a Saturday night

It's a sport Baz but yes I'd like to see them on Bridge Street on a Saturday night ..... maybe they could sort out the drunk drugged up scummies who 'think' they are 'hard' :wink:

Not really that into Rugby myself her... well I wasn't :shock::lol:

Dizzy..... you didn't see any punching?

Watch the last tackle where some ugly bloke gets another ugly bloke on the floor and tries to get the ball off him...... as the tackling thug starts to get up, he sticks a right handed punch, straight down onto the side of the head of the bloke on the floor.

So obvious in fact that a team member of the bloke on the floor comes over and starts to have a go at the bloke who threw the punch!!

Yes they won but that isn't a game, it is a scrap...... remember they banned kids from playing British Bulldog at school and yet they still play rugby??? unbelievable

I watched the last 10 minutes of the match and to be honest, it didn't really change my opinions... it was a load of pig ugly; thug like blokes punching, fighting, biting and kicking their way from one end of a pitch to the other.... under the pretence of playing a sport...

Most of the players look older than me and as for the tackling; how they can call what I would call assault, tackling is beyond me!

Baz the topic is about Rugby not Manchester United :roll::wink:

Must have missed that one Baz but having seen players accidentilly knocked out and injured but sill carrying on like it was nothing I guess a subtle punch'let' would feel like nothing.

Considering the size of them all I'm sure that if any intent to maim was meant then the recipient would be be carried off on a stretcher and destined for the nearest mortuary :shock:

Said on the commentary today that the force behing some of the tackles was equivalent to a 50 mph car accident... so there goes Rod K's arguement for 20 is plenty... ok so that was a bit low even by my standards :oops::?

Well as I said on another post; thankfully my train out of London was last night and I managed to check out of the hotel I was in before the Warrington team checked in..... two good moves all in one day!! Better than Leeds aparently! :lol:

I'm suprised at you Baz, I thought you were made of sterner stuff! Rugby in general has always been a hard game (I played it at school and hated it mainly because it was played in winter :lol: ) but the game today showed loads of skill on both sides. Warrington won because their tactics were right and the defence was strong. Anyway if you don't like watching it don't go to your mum's if there's rugby on the tv :lol::lol::lol: