Forum Reputation numbers?.

algy

:idea: Now the light has come on, I often wondered why there was a green + and a red - to the bottom right of a post and reply frame, so that is what they are for!. I must agree with Bill, not a good idea to categorise members it only promotes discontent amongst posters and we wouldn't want that would we. :D:D:wink:

:idea: Now the light has come on, I often wondered why there was a green + and a red - to the bottom right of a post and reply frame, so that is what they are for!. I must agree with Bill, not a good idea to categorise members it only promotes discontent amongst posters and we wouldn't want that would we. :D:D:wink:

Algy... have you been a bit like a sleeping beauty for the past few years. :lol:

'Reputation' has never caused any discontent amongst posters and it's just a facility that came with the forum and has been there for a very long time.

People can use it if they want to or not, it's upto them. Makes no difference really other than to those who are concerned with their overall 'reputation count' I suppose :lol:

Sometimes it's nice that people can rate individual posts as greens or reds though if they want to as it's a way of being able to sort of say you 'value' a posts comments/content as well as being able to show disapproval of comments which are <now what's the word I'm trying to think of>

I'm rather proud to say that I am still the only poster with a 'warning status' showing against me :D

I do wonder how some posters have got such a good post reputation count though as for one I thought mine would be in the -'s until I just looked. I bet it will be by tomorrow :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well before I posted my rating was 12 and now I'm down to 10 so clearly all you need to do to distroy someones public profile is to click the little box.

Now I'm down to 9! How childish!

Bill

Bugger and there's me just saying it's never caused any discontent :lol:

It's more than likely just people having a bit of a giggle with you Bill rather than being childish :P

See what you've started now Algy, Bill's suddenly feeling unloved <_<:lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bugger and there's me just saying it's never caused any discontent :lol:

It's more than likely just people having a bit of a giggle with you Bill rather than being childish :P

See what you've started now Algy, Bill's suddenly feeling unloved <_<:lol:

Hee Heee! :wink::D :grin:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well my mum loved me and that’s all that matters. :P

I’d never even noticed the rating thing until Algy mentioned it and no it doesn’t bother me that much but as I said it had been discussed in the past and agreed it wouldn’t be used. The consensus back then was that it was childish and had no place on a largely adult forum as it was too open to abuse and could actually put people off using the forum.

Bill :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well my mum loved me and that’s all that matters. :P

I’d never even noticed the rating thing until Algy mentioned it and no it doesn’t bother me that much but as I said it had been discussed in the past and agreed it wouldn’t be used. The consensus back then was that it was childish and had no place on a largely adult forum as it was too open to abuse and could actually put people off using the forum.

Bill :)

It was discussed on the old board but not this one which has only been active for nearly FIVE years.

:blink:

• Upvote 2

Don't know what the problem is. I tried to give a -1 to a post about 12 months ago, every time I try now it says I have reached my quota. :unsure:

When I read the above there was a red -1 at the bottom, I was unsure whether you had done it yourself because you liked the colour or whether another poster didn't like it. I assumed the latter and clicked green and the red disappeared. :wink:

• Upvote 1

When I read the above there was a red -1 at the bottom, I was unsure whether you had done it yourself because you liked the colour or whether another poster didn't like it. I assumed the latter and clicked green and the red disappeared. :wink:

I can'y give myself or anyone else a -1 so it must have been alg. :wink:

• Upvote 1