New local Political Web Page?

Geoffrey Settle

New Web Page  

8 members have voted

1. 1. There is a new web page for Labour Poulton North what do you think?

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
    • No opinion

Poulton North Labour Web PageTwo months ago a new page was set up for Poulton North Labour Councills Friend and Settle - what do you think of it?

We have loaded up some content and will continue to add stuff but would appreciate your feedback - is it the sort of information that is useful or not :?:

What else would you like to see on it as a local councillor page?

I am not referring to the political content elsewhere I am just interested for no on this page.

Nice one Gary, never one to miss an opportunity eh? :wink::D

Geoff I'm not really into political websites either and never read them as they often tend to be just like the leaflets that come through the doors ie photo shoot oportunities and a little boring with no real substance or 'big' news.

Yours looks good but maybe a bit too much about your litter picking though :wink:

Seems madness that you have to battle for 18 months to get graffiti removed etc etc. What a waste of your time eh as it should have been done far sooner and without a battle but at least you've got it sorted. Tell me though what "permission, training and expertise" is actually needed to be a graffiti remover or to paint something ?

PS under that same topic ie Graffiti removal (substation) you have the same paragraph info posted twice.

Keep up the good work Geoff and I did actually find it interesting to see what has been going on even though I don't live around there :wink:

Not looked at it (I suppose I should as I know around there), but don't we have enough political claptrap on here as it is?

Much rather have the WBC giving us feedback.

Another problem is that this could open the floodgates to more of local political websites. :shock: :shock: :shock:

As they say on BBC Radio & TV other web sites are available :mrgreen:

I am simply trying to have a place where people have an opportunity to go to see what we have been doing - I haven't done a restrospective over the year but focused on mainly on recent content.

Too often the opposition clame that we have been sat on our backsid and that just isn't the case, I haven't mentioned the four committees and three outside bodies that I serve on.......

It's simply another communications tool for those who have access to the Internet but other methods are avaialble and are used. :rolleyes:

But surely Geoff. You will be telling all the people who come to your surgery about the site and putting the info on notice boards for the few that have access to a PC..

I wouldn't like to see the Forum become a media tool for you and all the other parties.

It has been said several times, that one of the main reasons we lost most of our female posters. was down to the fact that local politics on here was the cause of heated arguments.

It might interest you to know, that most people aren't interested in politics and further still, a lot of people neither have a PC and/or Broadband. Something that your colleagues at Town Hall don't seem to realise when advising people of anything.

It has been said several times, that one of the main reasons we lost most of our female posters. was down to the fact that local politics on here was the cause of heated arguments.

I'm still here :D

It might interest you to know, that most people aren't interested in politics and further still, a lot of people neither have a PC and/or Broadband. Something that your colleagues at Town Hall don't seem to realise when advising people of anything.

Some people are interested in political stuff Peter (if 'interested' is the right word). You can tell that on here by the fact that any topics of a political nature (either national/local/or other) do seem to get the most views and comments :wink:

Geoff has posted it in the 'Political' section of the forum so at least this one is in the right place so people can choose to ignore 'if' they wish to. :wink:

I'm still here :D

Some people are interested in political stuff Peter (if 'interested' is the right word). You can tell that on here by the fact that any topics of a political nature (either national/local/or other) do seem to get the most views and comments :wink:

Geoff has posted it in the 'Political' section of the forum so at least this one is in the right place so people can choose to ignore 'if' they wish to. :wink:

That's what I said. Most people aren't, therefore some??? people would be.

Perhaps the political gets the most responses because that's all there is to respond to, except for the occasional spider and the poo winning a a game!!! :wink:

But surely Geoff. You will be telling all the people who come to your surgery about the site and putting the info on notice boards for the few that have access to a PC..

I wouldn't like to see the Forum become a media tool for you and all the other parties.

Pete a discussion forum is only one form of communication none of them are exclusive – as a councillor these days you have a wealth of e-Communication tools as well as the many traditional ones.

You are right very few people appear to be interested in Politics let alone e-Politics.

Pete as an administrator you, Dizzy and Gary are doing a good job of stopping the flame wars and as a consequence the ladies are slowly returning.

PC use is however increasing, but are they a thing of the past when we have so many other devices like ipads, blackberries etc, and the software that resides on them and more and more people are coming on board – youngsters are very familiar with modern technology and surf the Internet as a matter of every day use – at the moment they not be interested in Politics but they are communicating electronically almost instead of talking face to face with each other and the result is what Clay Shirky terms ‘Cognitive Surplus’ take a look and see his Civic use of the theory. :idea:

Clay Shirky - Cognitive Surplus - Video

How can Obs say he has no intrest in political web sites when he starts most of the political posts on here, ie anything to do with immigration, I think it's just the wrong colour for him, If it was BNP he would be in favour :wink:

Political debate does tend to get heated, nothing wrong with a link from here to the website, perhaps the other political parties should also do it and have links from here. You have a free choice to go on if you like, and who knows councillors might read the posts, everyone complains that councillors don't listen and when they try to address the issue people complain. I am in favour of it.

Political debate does tend to get heated, nothing wrong with a link from here to the website, perhaps the other political parties should also do it and have links from here. You have a free choice to go on if you like, and who knows councillors might read the posts, everyone complains that councillors don't listen and when they try to address the issue people complain. I am in favour of it.

You disappoint me Kije. Don't we get enough political claptrap on here as it is???

Geoff, YOU need to stop presuming that your colleagues have the same enthusiasm as you do. For the last few years the Latchford West ones have been conspicuous by their absence and all they could do, was fight against the local groups because they overshadowed what the cllrs did. So please do expect any enthusiasm from me.

NOT ALL cllrs work for their community, a lot do it for themselves.

PS. I do have to read ALL posts as my role of Moderator. :twisted::evil:

You disappoint me Kije. Don't we get enough political claptrap on here as it is???

Geoff, YOU need to stop presuming that your colleagues have the same enthusiasm as you do. For the last few years the Latchford West ones have been conspicuous by their absence and all they could do, was fight against the local groups because they overshadowed what the cllrs did. So please do expect any enthusiasm from me.

NOT ALL cllrs work for their community, a lot do it for themselves.

PS. I do have to read ALL posts as my role of Moderator. :twisted::evil:

Kije, this could be the thin edge of the wedge that ruins the Forum.

• Downvote 1