New local Political Web Page?

Geoffrey Settle

New Web Page  

8 members have voted

1. 1. There is a new web page for Labour Poulton North what do you think?

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
    • No opinion

Maybe, JUST maybe, if other wards followed suit, I "might" have second thoughts, but whilst it is only one, ( a Labour one at that) I have reservations. What Geoff is trying to do is a double edged sword.

Firstly, it is some more self promotion, and secondly, it is a Labour Party promotion via a Community.

Nothing personal Geoff. You should know how I think by now.

So the protagonists are blowing hot and cold. They complain when political questions are not being answered the way they don't like - well that's ok because that's politics. But to crticise something they haven't even visited speaks volumes.

No doubt this would be the case if they used google, yahoo etc web searches to find their favourite political colour or would it?

Web Sites are only one way that local politicians try and keep in touch - there are so many other forms. One form of communication does not fit all.

But thanks for your feedback positive or otherwise it all helps and your comments will be taken on board. :mrgreen:

On the issues of your ward - isn't Maureen one your councillors Maureen's Page - She has impressed me and I've enjoyed working with her on Victoria Park.

She is getting stuck in with both sleeves rolled up and taking on the issues like the lack of a community centre See Today's front page, flood defense etc - the meeting in the church hall the other week was very good and she got the EA to take on a number of key changes and gave everyone there the chance to quizz the officers.

Geoff,

Not knocking Maureen. She is working hard without any help from the other cllr and doing her best, whilst still learning the history of the ward.The last few years under the Lib-Dems has taken the heart out of the Latchford West Community, and it will take a lot to put it back as a lot of the volunteers have walked.

As I said earlier, my concern is that political advertising of local party websites, is NOT good for the Forum.

Of course, your party could always make a donation towards the running costs of the Forum in return for using it as a platform. :blink:

Geoff,

Not knocking Maureen. She is working hard without any help from the other cllr and doing her best, whilst still learning the history of the ward.The last few years under the Lib-Dems has taken the heart out of the Latchford West Community, and it will take a lot to put it back as a lot of the volunteers have walked.

As I said earlier, my concern is that political advertising of local party websites, is NOT good for the Forum.

Of course, your party could always make a donation towards the running costs of the Forum in return for using it as a platform. :blink:

Pete you know as well as I do that there will not be a rush from any party.

I have only set up this thread with the link to the new web site just to see posters reaction/comments.

Maureen is working hard and I know from experience that things take time. Hopefully you will notice positive changes taking place - I think that good councillors work well in wards where they don't bang on their political drum but work with the community.

Maureen is working hard and I know from experience that things take time. Hopefully you will notice positive changes taking place - I think that good councillors work well in wards where they don't bang on their political drum but work with the community.

Geoff, it wouldn't be me if I didn't keep you on your toes.

I totally agree with the passage above. It doesn't matter which party you represent, but what you do. 10/10 young Geoffrey.

PS. That's not what you used to say on here a couple of years back. :P

• 5 weeks later...