Can you hear it ?

Dizzy

I kept going outside last night to see if I could recognise any of the songs but I couldn't hear a peep from Creamfields although it was due to stop at 11.30pm anyway. Apparently they had a silent disco on though which could explain the quietness.

I could see the two huge lights going back and too in the sky though. That was really strange to see as it was as if two dull glowing space ships were flying back and two BEHIND the clouds. They would appear in the breaks between clouds but then dissapeared as soon as they hit clouds.

I wonder how many people thought strange beings were watching over us.

Do these powerful lights interfere with planes though as I noticed one going over was taking a alightly different route than usual as if to miss the lights.

Anyway.... I'm rambling....

I can definately hear it today though and the DJ keeps shouting 'Are you Ready' followed by the boom boom of bass tones. But yes I was ready :D

I do feel a bit sorry for them all though as the weather has been awful and they must be very cold and wet although I guess with a few drinks and the atmosphere they wont really care :lol:

One good thing about the rain though is that I've not seen as many odd and swaying people walking past the house or elsewhere on the streets round here so far this year.

They wouldn't fit 50,000 people on there Peter and the car park isn't big enough nor are the access roads and there is nowhere to camp or have all the stages and other events and offerings either :P

Considering you live round here (occasionally) Peter I'm rather suprised by your comment as it's virtually next to Walton Gardens anyway

So just for you here's where it is.... sorry but I accidentally crpped the bottom bit so can't see the full scale of the camping fields where all the yurts and other weird named sleeping accomodation is. (Creamfields is obviously the large multi coloured section)

creamfiledsandwaltongardens.jpg

I have whinged about Creamifields in the past and the noise etc must be a pain for those living right next to it but in all fairness it does seem to be managed and policed very well.

I think I'm mellowing in my old age although that could always change later or tomorrow :shock::lol:B)

Dizz, did you hear much from CF last night, we could here the base in the evening over at Grappenhall but never heard anything later on, my daughter lives up at Appleton and said they were disturbed quite a bit during the night and our granddaughter who is there said the mud was coming over the top of their wellies' and is coming home for a shower and may not go back her and her pals are that fed up.

I went down to Hatton last night as there have apparently been a lot of complaints from that area - a few residents stood out in their gardens in groups like vigilantes!

Should anyone have to endure something like creamfields on their door steps for three solid days!

If a steady thump thump noise gets on your nerves and drives you insane even if not too loud.

I could hear it a little bit on Saturday and Sunday night Algy if I stood outside but only the distant drone of the bass and the odd 'musical' note although I couldn't hear it at all in th house even with the windows open. Shame your grandaughter didn't enjoy it Algy but with that sort of weather who would. Did she go back as it said on the website people who left the site would not be allowed back in.

My Aunt and Uncle live in Moore and like nabber heard nothing at all.

Gary... why were the residents stood in their gardens like vigilantes ? Was there some trouble around there or was it just the noise ?

Like you say those living really close to it should not have to endure 3 days of constant music but alas as this is it's fourth year and there has not been a lot of trouble my guess is that it will be a definate yearly event from now on. The only way to possibly stop it would be for many hundreds of local people and the council to object to the next application but not that many people seem to do that and Halton Council seem to like it (it's in their patch mainly anyway) so it is allowed.

It would be interesting to know just how much they rent the land for and also if any local businesses do actually see any benefit from having it here like the organisers say happens.

Anyway it's finished now and weve only seen 5 ravers walking past all weekend... one looked worse for wear this morning though and was walking in a very strange and uncomfortable way :unsure::lol::lol:

For a brief period on Saturday night I could hear the bass in my living room above the sound of the TV. And I live in Lymm. On Sunday I occasionally heard it while in the garden.

I really do think this is a bit much for the people who live nearer to the site. Why, oh why, do they have to play it so loud?

Some local people did take action last year to counter the license but didn't win, losing a lot of money in the process which means that others won't try because they can't afford to! Lord Daresbury kept the plot of land where the festival is held (I wonder why?)when he sold the rest of the estate, so his lawyers are obviously doing well. There is a number on the council website to ring if noise is a problem but unless thousands ring to complain they are only going to say it was a small minority. Some may not know about this number and I don't think there was much info in the Guardian so many may not have known how to complain. Someone with an enterprising nature could do a lot to make sure this contact information is available to all residents in the area and that they should use it, not just the local residents and those with access to the internet.

I live in Walton just a little way from the Creamfields site and I really don't mind at all. I was out on Saturday & Sunday daytime anyway (hiding from the rain mainly!) so I had the bass beats in my living room all evening but HECK let them have their fun I say. It's only 3 days out of a total 365 a year and we were all young once. The local hotels were all full too and it looks like everyone had a ball. I saw them all in their wellies in Stockton Heath on Saturday afternoon and I really felt for them in that driving rain.

If I was 21 instead of 41 I'd have been there too!

I live in Walton just a little way from the Creamfields site and I really don't mind at all. I was out on Saturday & Sunday daytime anyway (hiding from the rain mainly!) so I had the bass beats in my living room all evening but HECK let them have their fun I say. It's only 3 days out of a total 365 a year and we were all young once. The local hotels were all full too and it looks like everyone had a ball. I saw them all in their wellies in Stockton Heath on Saturday afternoon and I really felt for them in that driving rain.

If I was 21 instead of 41 I'd have been there too!

I doubt you will be saying that when you are 61. :roll:

Why what happens at 61 will I suddenly develop an intolerance for loud dance music. :roll:

Anyway Pete, you’ve had your share of loud music over the years when there were regular concerts on at Victoria Park and it’s done you no harm.

I said, “it’s done you no harm”. :D

Bill :)

Well done Gary but you might just want to edit this bit which dosn't quite make sense.

262 people were cautioned over the weekend - many for possession of drugs but some for possession of drugs.

Maybe if we had some it might make more sense. :blink:

Bill :)

I live in Walton just a little way from the Creamfields site and I really don't mind at all. I was out on Saturday & Sunday daytime anyway (hiding from the rain mainly!) so I had the bass beats in my living room all evening but HECK let them have their fun I say. It's only 3 days out of a total 365 a year and we were all young once. The local hotels were all full too and it looks like everyone had a ball. I saw them all in their wellies in Stockton Heath on Saturday afternoon and I really felt for them in that driving rain.If I was 21 instead of 41 I'd have been there too!

I don't mind them having their fun but I wish they would find a more appropriate place to have it! If people had 3 days away from work and wanted to enjoy them quietly at home, some couldn't do it because of the constant thumping of the bass and drums, or if you were closer, the whole experience. We have a right to enjoy our homes without intrusive noise, especially over the bank holiday.

Where were you in '06 and '07 Dizzy ?? this was 6th year of Creamfields in Daresbury/Walton - living close to we have escaped to Wembley last two years and this last weekend enjoyed fantastic weather on Anglesey walking sections of coastal path only to find on return that my flag had been nicked from garden pole - probably some pissed or druggged up raver on their way home. By the way, 45% of Creamfields site is in Warrington Borough but Council's objections have at best been feeble and doubt whether they bother monitoring the noise levels any more.

Good grief... are those bags full of wet party go'ers who got left behind.

Rather suprised today when we came home to still see a few tents up on the fields (id you can call them fields now) but other half said they may have just been left but logical son said they were probably for the people who were still there clearing up. I guess he was right.

Going on our outward hourney on Monday (the day it ended) Walton Drag was pretty dangerous as it was completely covered in mud and there was still some mud on the road when we came back today.

I wonder if Indy has been on there with his metal detector as I bet there is a lot of lost 'bling' hidden away and trampled within the mud drenched swamps up for grabs along with they type of things you mention too Algy.

Where were you in '06 and '07 Dizzy ?? this was 6th year of Creamfields in Daresbury/Walton

Flippin' heck.... are you sure it's the 6th year :shock: How time flies :shock:

First two years we too went to Anglesey so we missed it (although we did worry about our house and my car all the time we were away).

I was sure that that was '08 and '09 though had only been two more years since then but now you mention it I reaslise that I seem to have missed two years of my own life somewhere along the way. :oops: