Local Classic Car Wins Best in Show at Tatton Classic Event....

Bazj

Thanks Wingy.....

Dizzy,

Well there were about 2000 show cars there today and about the same tomorrow apparently.

Today it was £7.50 for adults and a fiver for kids.

Some amazing cars as well as motorbikes, some American stuff, army vehicles playground for the kids and a beer tent.... truly a wonderous place!

Well done Baz.

Did you walk away because the car wouldn't start? :wink:

Funny enough it wouldn't at the end of the show.... battery is a bit shot.... it has only done 12 miles this year..... but you don't own a 44 year old car without having a battery pack in the boot to jump start from!! One advantage though, once it starts, it can run on a flat battery until you turn the key off again!

Now sat on the drive with the battery on overnight charge!!

I'll see what I can do....I'll have to get my official photographer to knock some snaps out!!

I even got to see Bill today too..... he was looking for the classic Alfa Romeo cars....but as I told him; unfortunately any Alfa over 5years old is already rusted to bits so there were none there!! :D

Yep a good day of for both the wife and me, sort of two birds with one stone, I get to play cars and she gets the stately home bit.

As Baz knows, my first car was also a Ford Corsair so looking over his shining example brought back many memories. I was surprised that it was the only one there though because in its day it was not an uncommon car.

As for Alfas dissapearing into a pile of rust after five years, I think I hit that point in exactly 9 days so I guess I'd better keep an eye on things! :D

Bill :)

I went yesterday and must admit didnt see the corsair but not really my cup of tea. More fun round the RS Fords, Subarus and Jaguar areas. Also got to see a split screen VW camper in immaculate condition.

Great day out but getting a bit expensive now as you have to add the £5 for getting into Tatton as well. Also on the web they said kids under 12 free and then under 10 when u got there.