Gleeson

Wolfette

Now I hope this topic doesn't go off the rails with anyone stating what Gleeson has actually been released for, I wouldn't want Gary to be taken to court for libel.

But it does amuse me that the pie eaters have spent ?100,000 + Mathers for a player to play only 54 games....and to think they thought they had a good deal. :lol:

On another note, what a complete waste of talent this lad has, shame he can't pass it onto a young lad who does appreciate the talent and dosen't act like a spoilt superstar. :roll:

The Gleesons represented everything that was bad about Warrington during the Cullen era.

Its no coincidence that we turned a massive corner as soon as both of them were shown the door and rightly so.

Whoever struck the deal with Wigan deserves a medal, not just for getting ?100k and Mathers but just by getting rid of an extremely bad apple.

I have heard about the goings on that has resulted in his apparant sacking from Wigan but I reckon it will never be made public. Expect Wigan to say something like repeated disciplinary problems or words to that effect.

I hope no other club are foolish enough to offer this waste of space a contract, he should be left to rot. RL does not need characters like him.

I said at the time he was playing for the Wire that Martin Gleeson was unfit and he was puffing and blowing like an old man from very early on into matches. Tony Smith did the right thing in getting shut of both the brothers. It was well documented by eye witness accounts from fans who post on forums, some fantastical but mostly true about what was going on. What the future holds for Martin Gleeson is unknown but it's for sure it won't be at any rugby league club of any note. Lower divisons at best provided they are desperate enough. He was / is a talented player but threw it away because of the drinking. He's too old to change his ways. I could tell a tale about the younger Gleeson involving a pub in Appley Bridge, a flat cap and an open fire but Gary wouldn't let me.

Oh please do tell Safeway.

I dont think the younger gleeson would dare take any legal action given the things he got upto whilst at warrington. If anything his antics were worse than his big brothers.

Both of them have wasted their talents imo.

I got the SP on the Gleeson affair last night from an impeccable source. Nothing earth shattering, just revolving around the booze. Three players were involved, the other two being another prominent member of the Wigan playing staff plus another who now puts on his boots in East Yorkshire.

I got the SP on the Gleeson affair last night from an impeccable source. Nothing earth shattering, just revolving around the booze. Three players were involved, the other two being another prominent member of the Wigan playing staff plus another who now puts on his boots in East Yorkshire.

Nope wrong.

That story has been flying around the past few days but your impeccable source is wide of the mark.

Nope wrong.

That story has been flying around the past few days but your impeccable source is wide of the mark.

I also have heard/know different.

The booze story is the one the RFL, Wigan and probably the idiot himself want you to believe.

The truth wont come out unless some red top rag decides to do an expose although I suspect injunctions may put a stop to that.

Why would a wolves fan be interested in an ex pie eater?

Because when he was a wolves player there were numerous alledged rumours about the same player. It was also alledged that things were covered up.

If things do get announced, which I doubt they will, then it may just clear a few things up for us wolves fans.

If I was this player, once the furore dies down I would be writing my autobiography. It would be a blockbuster, especially in RL circles.

This topic has been blocked on most Forums.

I haven't seen anything warranting the thread being locked - yet!

Well said Gary.

I and others who know what the score is are being very careful in what we post.

No doubt you will have the low down too.

I still maintain there's not much in this *scandal*. I got the info from an employee of another superleague club who is close to the players. Martin Gleeson left Warrington for Wigan for reasons we all know about but it wasn't ever admitted in public. Why should the reason for leaving Wigan be any different ?