Gleeson

Wolfette

• 2 weeks later...

Sheila that will be the official unofficial reason for Gleesons absence.

Have you wondered why his 'suspension' is lasting so long and also why Wigan have not commented?

The 'turned up drunk for training' issue has been seen at many RL and Football clubs down the years and they have all been dealt with swiftly by the club concerned ie, player punished and a public announcement made. I think a very recent example was at Aston Villa.

Gleesons absence from Wigan is something different all together.

I have to be careful how I answer that one, CP.

I think that Wigan are avoiding a legal minefield by remaining quiet. I feel that a lot of the situation relates to the dropped court case but that's only my personal impression.

I can't really comment any further on the person who says that he's still going about his business normally, other than to say that they are extremely close to him. Maybe they are covering for him but if they are, they are doing a watertight job.

Obviously what I heard about the statement was wide of the mark.

I still maintain though that his Lord Lucan style disappearance is due to something more than just turning up for training not fit to train.

The longer Wigan take to comment the more it fuels the fire.