Fly through Orford Park

Dizzy

The New Orford Park Project... a 'fly' through visit.

Looks pretty impressive. Shame it's right the other side of Warrington though and not a bit more central. Can't see us using it much although maybe the nearby college kids will :lol:

http://www.warrington.gov.uk/Leisureandculture/Communitycentresandfacilities/orford.aspx

Dizz

That probably cost more than mine and your salaries combined!

Don't want to be the party pooper but the only thing we seem good at in this town is producing glossy stuff like this. Remember all the nice images we've had for developments around the town? Think Winwick Road project and then ask what have we ended up with? The Mersey Crossing video, equally impressive video and graphics but that's all we got!

Bill :)

Don't worry Dizzy, you'll have Vickie Park in a few years.

I'm going across there tomorrow to see what the consultants have produced from their consulting with interested parties.

The rumour is that it is going to be a flood park for global warming, after they have built the wall to feed the high level water in.

I will report back tomorrow.

Dizz

That probably cost more than mine and your salaries combined!

Don't want to be the party pooper but the only thing we seem good at in this town is producing glossy stuff like this. Remember all the nice images we've had for developments around the town? Think Winwick Road project and then ask what have we ended up with? The Mersey Crossing video, equally impressive video and graphics but that's all we got!

Bill :)

I doubt it Bill - as CEO of Warrington Town I am involved in this project and DVDs like this are created when companies pitch for business - so they aren't going to cost that kind of money.

I suppose it's a sign of the times how this town is fast becoming a football town rather than a rugby town.

What looks like 7 football pitches and not one marked up for rugby. :cry:

I wouldn't worry too much about that Wolfie - if you look at the badminton players they are playing tennis! :shock::wink:

There will be plenty of room for football and rugby development - this town is big enough to support a wide variety of sports. We even have a top handball team developing.

:roll:

I presumed that the Orford Park 3d walk through was mainly produced from the actual architectural drawings layouts... with a click of a magic button, addition of a pew people, a few textures here and there and all that. :wink:

If we can do it on our home pc and b&q can do it with their online kitchen and bedroom planner it's not that clever or costly :lol:

It's simple - as can be seen from the masterplan http://orfordproject.warrington.gov.uk/Images/Orford%20Park%20Final%20Site%20Plan_tcm30-38488.pdf

very little of the project actually impinges on the park apart from upgrading existing facilities. Most of it is built on a rubbish tip. The expressway would have cut a swathe through the southern section, "the only parky bit of the park" as one child put it.

The sad thing is that the hub should have the new Beamont High School and Sports College right next to it. At least the Condems in Warrington recognise that Beamont should be next in line if there is money for new schools, unlike Mr Mowat who has the height of cheek to set up a petition for new high schools in his constituency, when it's his government that pulled the plug on them.