get over it chaps.....

Bazj

Just like "Marathon" bars are now called "Snickers" and "Opal Fruits" are now called "Starburst"........ "Jif" is called "Cif" and "Nestles" is now pronounced "Nes-lay".....

The Wire is now the Warrington Wolves..... This is 2010, not 1975

CP,

If you would like to insult me, do it on a pm.

I wasn't talking Tosh about the Wire.... the wire don't exist anymore, like PolyPeck, British Leyland and Rover.

And as for having a downer on Rugby, I have a downer on people in the town (about 13,000 of them usually isn't it) who support a rugby team and then expect everyone else to do so and then moan and call people names because I don't have any interest....

Not only that, they are now blocking off half of the town centre to welcome back a load of Australians who have won a cup!!

Amazing!

CP,

I wasn't talking Tosh about the Wire.... the wire don't exist anymore, like PolyPeck, British Leyland and Rover.

And as for having a downer on Rugby, I have a downer on people in the town (about 13,000 of them usually isn't it) who support a rugby team and then expect everyone else to do so and then moan and call people names because I don't have any interest....

Not only that, they are now blocking off half of the town centre to welcome back a load of Australians who have won a cup!!

Amazing!

Were have you got this nonsense from, no WIRE fan expects anybody to support the team if there not into Rugby League, however it's a massive thing for the town as it's been our local sport for 131 years.

When we excel in the sport you would expect the town to celebrate in the best possible way as it means so much to so many people... the town centre will be blocked off for a maximum of 3 hours and there's no shopping to be done on a Sunday anyway so please stop spouting this rubbish.

"Loads of Australians".... Three Australians and Three from New Zealand means that's less than half the team and less than a quarter of the squad. You've admitted your not interested in the team or the game so again please don't spout rubbish about something you don't know about because you're making yourself look stupid.

The Wire, marathons, opal fruits or whatever else you've named as indeed come to an end but one thing in all these years that hasn't ended is the Wembley homecoming tradition so your going to have to like it and lump it.

I have no interest whatsoever in any of this but having read this thread just wanted to throw my bit in .......... a figure of 13,000 people is mentioned ......... hardly a 'massive' proportion of a town which has a population of 200,000 plus supposedly is it ?? ... just my observation that's all, and why is it a massive thing for the town ?? who benefits ??

Disappointed in you Baz.

Like you I have absolutely zero interest in Rugby of any form, and am obviously not a Warringtonian, but I live in, and therefore support the efforts of any Warrington sporting body, be that a swimmer, footballer, golfer or Rugby player/team.

I was (amazingly enough) glued to the telly yesterday, and watched every minute of the game. From my (uniniatiated) view, Warrington played superbly, especially in defence, and I am proud to be associated with the team, if only because I live in the town.

Doesn't change the fact I think the game is pretty poor, but why denigrate such a great sporting acomplishment for the town?

........ Not only that, they are now blocking off half of the town centre to welcome back a load of Australians who have won a cup!!

Amazing!

The prompt 'removal' of the insult makes it seem like it might have been something far worse. I refer to the council as 'muppets'quite often and have never had the word removed by Gary or the mods :lol::wink:

Anyway...... the roads weren't blocked off at all Baz. Infact I was suprised, considering the crowds, that there was a complete free flow of normal traffic on the roads right upto the point where the homecoming bus passed by.

The atmoshphere where we were stood was fantastic with the street lined with people and motorists feeling like royalty as everyone waved to them :lol:

I can only guess what the atmoshphere and crowds must have been like near the town hall.

So love the game or hate it.... don't fall out about it.. just agree to disagree :wink:

And I found my camera :D:D Good looking bunch at the front of the bus eh :D:wink:

DSC03306-1.jpg

DSC03311.jpg

........ Not only that, they are now blocking off half of the town centre to welcome back a load of Australians who have won a cup!!

Amazing!

The prompt 'removal' of the insult makes it seem like it might have been something far worse. I refer to the council as 'muppets'quite often and have never had the word removed by Gary or the mods :lol::wink:

Anyway...... the roads weren't blocked off at all Baz. Infact I was suprised, considering the crowds, that there was a complete free flow of normal traffic on the roads right upto the point where the homecoming bus passed by.

The atmoshphere where we were stood was fantastic with the street lined with people and motorists feeling like royalty as everyone waved to them :lol:

I can only guess what the atmoshphere and crowds must have been like near the town hall.

So love the game or hate it.... don't fall out about it.. just agree to disagree :wink:

And I found my camera :D:D Good looking bunch at the front of the bus eh :D:wink:

DSC03306-1.jpg

DSC03311.jpg

Just on one point - the council is not an individual.

Secondly - nice pictures - can you email me some more for the site - and other readers wish to share theirs and can't host them just email them to info@warrington-worldwide.co.uk

:lol::lol::lol: Why am I laughing :shock::lol:

You win of course Gary as you are the boss but I wouldn't have taken offence by the comment if it had been aimed at me.

Guess you blokes are a bit more twitchy when it comes to banter with gentle name calling when it comes down to sport and at least there were no swear words in it :wink::lol:

How do people actually become moderators on here anyway... and have I now blown my chance of ever becoming one of the eilte :lol:

PS All my photos copyright... but for ease you can of course right click and and press 'save as' then use however or wherever wish :wink::lol: I wont sue you :wink:

:lol::lol::lol: Why am I laughing :shock::lol:

You win of course Gary as you are the boss but I wouldn't have taken offence by the comment if it had been aimed at me.

Guess you blokes are a bit more twitchy when it comes to banter with gentle name calling when it comes down to sport and at least there were no swear words in it :wink::lol:

How do people actually become moderators on here anyway... and have I now blown my chance of ever becoming one of the eilte :lol:

PS All my photos copyright... but for ease you can of course right click and and press 'save as' then use however or wherever wish :wink::lol: I wont sue you :wink:

Thank you Dizzy - you can apply to be a moderator if you like - I make the decisions assisted by Steve and Peter as always.

Your picture has already been right clicked - and of course any one posting their pictures on our site, are by the very nature of what they are doing, making them available for our use! :wink:

I've noticed that whenever the mighty WIRE are in the news we get an overspill from The Grumpy Old Men forum from posters with thousands of posts against their names, bitching and moaning about the cost to the council taxpayer of the Wire homecoming. Do you begrudge the THOUSANDS(yes thousands) of Wire fans their very very occasional public display of joy cheering home their heroes ? May I respectfully suggest you return to your incestuous forum and keep your bigotry to within your small group ? In a less polite form of words, belt up and bugger off.

Oh blimey here we go....

First, I never complained about the cost of the homecoming, the Wolves already have enough of our council tax money so a few more thousand probably won't hurt

I fail to see where any bigotry came into my posts, you too have over a thousand posts to your name "safers" and often post within the "incestuous" forum that you so criticise

I don't begrudge anyone having heros to worship and to be honest, it did look like a bit of a good show.

OMG what are you all like :shock::roll:

Can't you just enjoy one special day without falling out. Thousands of others did and here's just a few of the hundreds of people who had a great time on Church Street despite the very long wait :wink:

DSC03290.jpg

DSC03300.jpg

And to these chaps who drove back and too for well over two hours through the crowds beeping their horns and waving before the bus finally arrived... thanks for making the wait such a laugh :lol:

Got me everytime when someone shouted "they're here" :lol::lol:

DSC03316.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
CP,

Amazing!

Baz. The Wire do exist. Warrington RLFC is the Club's name and their nickname, has always been, and always will be, the Wire. In a time when just about everyone in the country is on a 'downer' because of the projected government cuts, it's nice for the town to have a bit of a 'feel good' factor. 35,000 people who were at Wembley would disagree with you, as would any amount of people in the town who were glued to the TV on the afternoon of 28.8.10.

Unlike you, I am a native of the town, but work and my marriage took me away many years ago. I come home as often as I can because I am a Wire fan and because I love my town. I am proud to be from Warrington and I am proud of the Club I support as it helps to keep the town on the map.

As for the Aussie comment, Warrington has always had a big association with Australian players going all the way back to the 1909-10 season when we had three.

If you made some enqs as to what the Club does within the Warrington community you might get a pleasant surprise, but then again, why bother looking at the positives when you can sit back and criticise?