The England game.

Peter T

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope so, having an England flag hanging out of your window or attached to your car is basically advertising the fact that you are a dimwit.

I had both :oops: ..and both have now been removed after Fridays match.

Although I'd rather be classed as a dimwitt than be an embarrasment and disappointment in sporting terms as the England footy team are so far... along with Gazzas little outburst at the cameras for being boo'd. :roll:

There was me thinking that they were better than all that considering all the money they get paid and all they hype from them that 'wet can beat anyone' :? ... It was like watching paint dry and they didn't really seem to be trying but hey what do I know I'm only a girlie and footy is boring anyway :lol::lol:

They were expecting a viewing audience of 30 million to watch Englands first match against USA.

Viewing figures just released gave it 12 million :shock:

Seems football and the World Cup isn't as popular as the TV companies hoped for.

Probably would have been less if the BBC and ITV had put the matches on a dedicated sports channel. :roll::roll:

Apparantly BARB is responsible for providing estimates of the number of people watching television.

Panel homes are selected via a multistage, stratified and unclustered sample design so that the panel is representative of all television households across the UK. A range of individual and household characteristics (panel controls) are deployed to ensure that the panel is representative. The prime control is a 20 cell matrix, made up of means of TV reception, life stage (pre-family, young family, older family, post family and retired), and social grade. As estimates for the large majority of panel controls are not available from Census data it is necessary to conduct an Establishment Survey to obtain this information.

RSMB is responsible for producing the sample design, including maintaining the panel controls to ensure their relevance to the panel. RSMB also conducts continuous quality control checks on BARB?s behalf.

The BARB Establishment Survey has the purpose of measuring the characteristics of UK households (demographics, viewing equipment, etc), producing universes for panel control and weighting purposes and providing addresses from which to recruit the panel.

The survey is carried out on a continuous basis and involves some 53,000 interviews per annum. It is a random probability survey, which means that every private residential household within the UK has a chance of being selected for interview. Interviews are conducted face-to-face using Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI) and take, on average, 20 minutes to complete. The survey ensures that any changes taking place in the population can be identified so that the panel can be updated and adjusted to ensure that it continues to reflect the television owning population. In addition to being the prime source of television population information, the Establishment Survey also generates the supply of addresses from which the panel is recruited.

Simples :wink:

How dare you suggest I cut and paste. :oops:

Apparantly it doesn't matter where you watch, or if you fall asleep while watching. the figures are supposed to be accurate to within 1.3%. (I cut and pasted that figure)

Perhaps Sue could organise a Poll. :wink: