Binmen?

observer

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spaceball.gif

Speechless, Wolfie?

I think maybe Wolfie was being sarcastic about my pictures :oops: I'll delete them in a bit as I was ranting again...

but it wasn't just for my own benefit as everyone round here is getting a little irate about the state of the roads and pavements... and for some reason whatever is happening they all whinge in my direction and ask me what's going on. :wink:8)

Doesn't half make it hard to pop out for a quick dog walk though :lol:

There best in horrible conditions???? You can't be serious?

Stop and think what the farmers have to put up with when they have to get up around 4 am to milk the cows so that YOU can buy milk. then they have to feed their livestock, and milk their cows again in the afternoon.

And that's in this fairly mild climate. IF other countries can do these things better than us, WHY aren't we doing it?

The world should NOT stop because of a bit of snow, yet people like yourself seem quite happy to let it. :shock:

What on earth are you talking about? This thread is about bins in Warrington. What have farmers, cows or other countries got to do with it? I am perfectly happy for non-essential activities to stop in freak weather conditions to reduce the pressure on roads, resources and emergency services. That allows essential activity to be achieved more easily. I think you'll find that's how other countries manage IN FREAK CONDITIONS too. If this was normal weather, then we'd have systems in place for it - but it hasn't been like this in forty years.

Did you have grit in your garage? Did you have a backup plan for your refuse? A snow plough for your car bumper? Most people I know don't even have a blanket or a shovel in the car boot, but they're off on one about how everyone else should have been prepared..... :roll:

LP you're right I don't have a blanket or a shovel in my car boot! :shock::shock: Oh, hang on a minute I don't have a car do I. Phew close call there!!!:shock::shock::shock::lol::lol::lol:

I bet you have a lifejacket though. And a lifeboat or liferaft. With water and food on board. And a means of communication. And a filed course in case the coastguard needs to find you. :wink:

I was only jesting LP, but I really don't have a car. And of course my ship has all the statutory lifesaving equipment on board and the Coastguard is aware of my every movement (I have to e mail them every time I have one, it's called, surprisingly, a Schedule one) :wink::wink:

I was only jesting LP, but I really don't have a car. And of course my ship has all the statutory lifesaving equipment on board and the Coastguard is aware of my every movement (I have to e mail them every time I have one, it's called, surprisingly, a Schedule one) :wink::wink:

I'd have thought Number Two Schedule was more appropriate..... but then, I'm no sailor. You lot call them Heads when they're for entirely the other end! :lol::lol:

Well today I duly took my extra bin bags down to the village hall in Appleton as instructed by the council, making myself late for work - now I have just had a text from home saying the bin men are coming down the road taking all the extra bags! :x

Indeed they are Gary... they kept that one quiet eh but we can sleep well tonight knowing that 'we did our bit to help them out' :roll::lol:

...and shock gasp horror an actual BIN WAGGON (although it was green and not yellow) has just been down our backs collecting any excess bags that people have unwittingly (or maybe wittingly) left out with their bins :shock:

Maybe the wagon driver and council were just proving a point that the roads round here aren't as bad as my photos yesterday suggested :lol::wink:

I guess what they are doing though is splitting the responsibility for getting rid of the backlog between :-

1.... those of us who are daft enough to either ring the council or check their website for updates who inturn will then drop off their own bags as instructed

and

2.... those who do not bother checking and therefore just leave their rubbish out as usual for someone else to move

I presume there are more of the latter type going on the number of streets lined with bins today.

Well today I duly took my extra bin bags down to the village hall in Appleton as instructed by the council, making myself late for work - now I have just had a text from home saying the bin men are coming down the road taking all the extra bags! :x

If I was employing you, I would want to know why you hadn't set out earlier to do that, so that you would NOT be late for work. :roll:

1.... those of us who are daft enough to either ring the council or check their website for updates who inturn will then drop off their own bags as instructed

and

2.... those who do not bother checking and therefore just leave their rubbish out as usual for someone else to move

I presume there are more of the latter type going on the number of streets lined with bins today.

Dizzy,

It may surprise you to know that some people neither have a computer or a phone. :shock::wink:

If I was employing you, I would want to know why you hadn't set out earlier to do that, so that you would NOT be late for work. :roll:

If you had been employing me I wouldn't have been in work today - I would have been off with a bad back, man flu and snow bound! :wink::lol:

Dizzy,

It may surprise you to know that some people neither have a computer or a phone. :shock::wink:

Doesn't surprise me at all Peter... :lol:

Which is why my car is now full of nasty smells after being a good samariton and going back and too the the collection points for older people who can't get there and didn't know that if they had left their bags out the collectors would have collect them anyway :cry::wink: See I can be nice when I want to be :lol::D:wink:

I've driven down some very scarey small roads around the Stockton Heath and Grappenhall areas though doing my collections which due to lack of traffic movement still have 8+ inches of awful slippy icy slush :shock:

The collection point in Lymm was really good. We've not seen the vans picking up side rubbish yet, but as it was snowing again, I emptied out my bin and did the same for some of my neighbours, just in case we all freeze again! The binmen working were lovely and helpful. Lord knows I do not praise WBC often, but they have given this some decent thought.

I made the kids clean the car.... well, I shifted their rubbish! I made them cake in return and they think they got the best deal - mucking about with shake & vac and the Dustbuster and then getting cake for doing it. Win-win! :lol: