Binmen?

observer

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our bin is on the road, got a feeling it's going to be there a long time.

Wish they tell use if they are going to collect or not, so I can drag the thing in

Suggest people put their rubbish into bags then the green bin to keep the rubbish dry and away from things like dogs and rats. When collections start I guess we can take them out and put them out to be collected

Good suggestions Skittles.. although I must admit that I now have 3 binsacks of thankfully frozen refuse sat in my garden but even my own dog hasn't touched them YET :shock::lol: .

I just checked on the council website again to see if our local Stockton Heath tip is likely to be open tomorrow so we could do our bit to lower the burdon when collections do start again but it says :-

Stockton Heath Community Recycling Centre is closed due to dangerous ice on the access road.

The access road (Sandy Lane) is bordered by Grappenhall Road (A56) and London Road (A49) junctions which I believe are both gritted by the Highways Authority :wink: so if WBC gritted Sandy Lane then the site WOULD be usable and therefore could reduce some of the excess that has to be realised when creating their 'recovery plan' of action :D

If not maybe they could just open it for foot and sledge 'deliveries' for the locals. :D

No Bin Collections again this week this week .....

If your's is due to be collected Tuesday additional arrangements are now on the Councils Website as to where to TAKE your rubbish on your collection day (other days arrangements to follow apparently) :?:lol:

http://www.warrington.gov.uk/News/2010/January/bins.aspx#0

Hurrah our tips open too :D

I was looking forward to seeing our Chief Exec and other managers etc lumping our bins round though like Rossendales CE & staff were doing on Friday :lol:

My bin's not quite full yet. I'll probably just leave it out and wait until they can get here. Worst that'll happen is I have a bag of rubbish waiting to go in as soon as the bin's emptied. Ditto recycling, cos my blue bin is almost full, but as I wash cans/bottles/jars anyway, it's no hassle to keep a bag until next Wednesday.

Fair play to them, I'd not want to try and get a binwagon down my road at the minute, and I'd not want to drag my full bin out to the main road either, so why should anyone else have to do it for me? Full marks for the local collection points for anyone who can't hang on for the thaw.

We in Lymm only see WBC members in action if there's free food AND a photo opportunity.... :twisted:

No Bin Collections again this week this week .....

If your's is due to be collected Tuesday additional arrangements are now on the Councils Website as to where to TAKE your rubbish on your collection day (other days arrangements to follow apparently) :?:lol:

http://www.warrington.gov.uk/News/2010/January/bins.aspx#0

I was looking forward to seeing our Chief Exec and other managers etc lumping our bins round though like Rossendales CE & staff were doing on Friday :lol:

Full details here

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/7092/1/Council-sets-up-refuse-collection-points/Page1.html

The latest from WBC amazes me, Residents should take their rubbish themselves to the tips !! If the council vehicles cant get on the estates, then how are residents expected to get off them??

If they fitted ploughs to the front of the bin motors then that would be a public service. This council are worse than the last lot.

The latest from WBC amazes me, Residents should take their rubbish themselves to the tips !! If the council vehicles cant get on the estates, then how are residents expected to get off them??

If they fitted ploughs to the front of the bin motors then that would be a public service. This council are worse than the last lot.

There's a bit of a difference between what's safe for a car and what's needed to get a binwagon safely round a residential area..... Residents have the option of LOCAL collection points on their regular bin days too. I could put my bags in a wheelbarrow or on one of the kids' sleds and walk to the collection point. WBC are doing their best in difficult conditions, and they're making a fair job of it. I'm no expert, but I reckon fitting a plough to the front of a bin wagon would create a vehicle that was dangerous to drive or operate at all.

Reader.... yes it's a bit of a pain but for those who can or are willing to take some of their rubbish to a local drop off point themselves it may be helpfull :roll: I presume most drop off points are within in walking distance :wink:

I'd much rather carry a few bags myslef than see the binwagon struggling to get around the icy roads round here :shock: They wouldn't stand a chance :shock:

So fair play to the council at least they have come up with something to stop some people moaning :roll::P

Lymm is the epicentre of WBC disregard. The nearer you get to us, the less interest or money will come your way. Despite Lymm having the same percentage population of unemployed and otherwise vulnerable people as almost anywhere else, WBC persists in the belief that we are all so rich we can pay for everything ourselves.

I hope the St Heath one has been GRITTED. :roll:

I presume so or they wouldn't have opened it :P The access road (Sandy Lane) looked squishier when I drove up London Road this afternoon though which is good or bad depending on how you look at it :lol:

Lymm is the epicentre of WBC disregard. The nearer you get to us, the less interest or money will come your way. Despite Lymm having the same percentage population of unemployed and otherwise vulnerable people as almost anywhere else, WBC persists in the belief that we are all so rich we can pay for everything ourselves.

That supprised me LP as I was always under the impression that Lymm got a better deal becasue of the leaders and others :wink: who live there.

Seems that WBC's epicentre of disregard is wider that most of us imagine. Stockton Heath was decribed as a 'cash cow' on here recently too. It did make me giggle though :lol::oops:

Its'very simple Bill.. this country is not equiped for or capable of coping with anything outside of 'normal' and not forgetting our obsession here with blummin H&S :roll::wink:

Must admit though it has been quite refreshing to see on the news how some communities have all been working together to overcome some problems.

That supprised me LP as I was always under the impression that Lymm got a better deal becasue of the leaders and others :wink: who live there.

Yeah. You and a great many others. We get nothing beyond the basics, because everyone in this postcode is assumed to be wealthy. We get no funding for anything and some of the dirty tricks played over the years are incredible.

WBC permits more and more housing to be built on brown land and it charges council tax, but never invests any of the profit in improved facilities and services for the community. Cash cow is precisely the right term for it.

Not seen much happening round this way as regards community spirit but I?m sure there?s some out there somewhere.

It?s all well and good to have these collection points but most of the people on our road are pensioners less able to walk a mile on slippy pavements just to drop off rubbish. In any case, I don?t see any huge problem here at the moment as most are probably doing the same as we do storing stuff up in boxes and bags in the garage.

Bill :)

So how do bin men go on in countries where snow like this is the norm?

Snow chains aren?t that expensive and would easily have sorted the vehicle problem.

I dare say the public in such countries don't park like idiots on the icy roads or let their bins get frozen shut...... and I dare say that their town planners don't build the kind of stupid, narrow, windy roads we're currently having to negotiate either! Snow chains would not have got a bin wagon up Danebank Road last week, Bill. Nothing would have. Not even in a straight run, never mind stopping to empty a bin and starting off again.

Not seen much happening round this way as regards community spirit but I?m sure there?s some out there somewhere.

It?s all well and good to have these collection points but most of the people on our road are pensioners less able to walk a mile on slippy pavements just to drop off rubbish. In any case, I don?t see any huge problem here at the moment as most are probably doing the same as we do storing stuff up in boxes and bags in the garage.

I see your point Bill but pensionners aren't expected to take their own rubbish and they may not have as much excess as a larger family.

I guess the collection points are more for the those who are finding it a huge problem to have not had their bins emptied for so long. :wink:

There are some unanswered questions though ie...

1. Will the council still remove excess bags of waste on their first pick up once collections do get back to normal for those people who for whatever reason can't get to the collection points.

2. Should the collection points be open earlier/later than 8am to 3pm as this excludes anyone who works.

3. Can Stockton Heath Tip stay open a bit longer too as they are only open 8am to 4pm which again excludes anyone who works (although these are the normal opeining times for this time of the year)

4. Will people get fined for dropping it off earlier or the night before :shock::wink::lol:

5. How will people know what they are supposed to do and where their collection points are if they don't have internet access... especially the people who's collection day is tommorrow as many people have just left their bins and bags out in the hope they will be collected this week.

Ohhh.... I sword blind that I wouldn't look for more problems so just ignore everything I just asked :lol: