Liverpool 8-0 Besiktas

James P

Let us not get too carried away with the mauling at Anfield last night. After all it was only the highest recorded score line in the competition's history, by the five time winners. It just goes to show what a poor result it was in Turkey the other week. Last night should have highlighted how important Crouch is to the side. European defenders don't know how to handle him and more importantly we pose much more of an attacking threat with him up front. Lets hope this is the springboard for two more victories in the remaining games. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I agree about Gerrard and Mascherano. I think the pair of them are cruical to side and believe Mascherano is one of the best midfielders in the world. However, we must not forget the talented Xabi Alonso, when fit, who keeps the passing momentum of team flowing. It's a tough problem to pick the midfield, but a nice one to have for Rafa.

Originally posted by Gary:

He is the youngest member of the team but plays football for Warrington Town so he must know his football! :roll:

Perhaps he should be playing or coaching the first team?

On recent performances, they need all the help they can get.

Mind you, Gary said last season that Man.U hadn't played anyone when they were still top after a couple of months. I didn't hear him saying that at the end of the season.

The question is, have the poo learned how to play and score or is the opposition inferior? :confused:

I may be young, but I would imagine I've been to and played in more football matches than the two of you combined! It's true that most merry mancs don't know where Old Trafford is! as with regards to the mascot comment, i'm trying to get gary to set up a fund that will enable me to put on a stupid suit and cheer the team on!! :biggrinbounce:

Originally posted by James P:

I may be young, but I would imagine I've been to and played in more football matches than the two of you combined! It's true that most merry mancs don't know where Old Trafford is! as with regards to the mascot comment, i'm trying to get gary to set up a fund that will enable me to put on a stupid suit and cheer the team on!! :confused:

Originally posted by theinsider:

Ignore them James at least you are contributing something useful in the community!

Keith, Eagle and Wolfie all share one simple aim in life - winding up Liverpool fans.

I have to agree that winding up Poo fans is fairly simple, but what makes you think I don't contribute something useful to the community :confused: