Liverpool 8-0 Besiktas

James P

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no disputing the fact that Liverpool are a 'big' club, I don't use the word great since you cannot attach it to a football club. Liverpool have had some great teams,unfortunately a reality check suggests that this current team isn't one of them.

But if it makes you happy keep living in the past, you can't beat a bit of nostalgia. I found it useful in United's barren League Champion years. How many years has it been for you lot so far?

Liverpool 30 United 29 - that suits me.

Doesn't matter how many in one season - historically Liverpool are the most successful club in England - FACT!

If you add the Mickey Mouse League Cup as well (which I believe was very important the season United won it - but worthless when they got hammered by Liverpool at Cardiff) they are the most successful club by a country mile!

Thanks for the info Eddie! 8)

When Chelsea were champions,United and the other alsorans should not have been in it. Unless it is renamed The European Cup for the teams that have finished high enough to fit the current criteria and the instructions of the TV paymasters

There can be only one champion team in each country

Originally posted by Eagle:

When Chelsea were champions,United and the other alsorans should not have been in it. Unless it is renamed The European Cup for the teams that have finished high enough to fit the current criteria and the instructions of the TV paymasters

There can be only one champion team in each country

But there wouldn't be enough teams competing then to make enough money!

And after the Lord Mayor's Show........ The Poo supporters are very quiet today after their win against Fulham (a team that hasn't won away from home for over twelve months!!) One goal from a mis-hit shot and another very dodgy penalty (Crouch tripped over his own feet outside the area). Premiership winning form? I think not somehow but you can keep dreaming I suppose! :D:D:D:D