Tuck Shops?

observer

See a local Councillor want's "take-aways" "near schools" "banned" (ww news); errm, well it could force the kids to "walk off" a few pounds in their search for a hot dog! :shock: On the other hand, it could cause them to cross a few more roads, and dodge a few more peadphiles! :shock: Or it could give rise to a demand for "mobile" take-aways or mothers passing a bag of soggy chips, dripping with fat through the school fence. :lol: Perhaps IF the kids did a proper session of PT everyday, (with no excuses), they might run off those excess calories?! :?:wink:

Same here inky pete, the only time we were allowed out during the school day (9 til 4) was for the sports lesson afternoon when it was a 2 mile walk from school to the sports field followed by rugby, cricket, athletics or a cross country run depending on time of year. On top of that having classes on Saturday mornings cut down on hanging around on street corner time! Not that we did any hanging around, much too busy :wink::wink:

We were allowed to leave school at lunchtime if you weren't having school dinners etc :shock:

My parents used to give me dinner money at the beginning of the week to buy my 5 dinner tickets.

I often didn't buy them all :shock: and we'd go into Stockton Heath and buy a healthy snack instead... my favourite was a Brandy Snap with cream from the cake shop followed by a lemon from the fruit and veg shop peeled and eaten like an orange :?:shock:

I think rather than taking the heavy handed way of banning all take-aways near to schools (which I presume could mean local shops selling sandwiches or chips too :? ) they'd should :

1.. firstly look to address and hopfully ban the rubbish that the kids can buy on school premises :evil:

2.. stop kids going off the premises as I doubt many these days actually go home for lunch.

One of the problems may also be that kids have about 35 minutes to chose what they want, queue in the relevant long queue, eat their meal as quick as they can..... before lessons start again.

No wonder popping out to the nearest take-away may seem like a pleasure :?

We were allowed to leave school at lunchtime if you weren't having school dinners etc :shock:

My parents used to give me dinner money at the beginning of the week to buy my 5 dinner tickets.

I often didn't buy them all :shock: and we'd go into Stockton Heath and buy a healthy snack instead... my favourite was a Brandy Snap with cream from the cake shop followed by a lemon from the fruit and veg shop peeled and eaten like an orange :?:shock:

"That's the trouble with Stocking Feet girls. They were a law unto themselves."

One of the problems may also be that kids have about 35 minutes to chose what they want, queue in the relevant long queue, eat their meal as quick as they can..... before lessons start again.

No wonder popping out to the nearest take-away may seem like a pleasure :?

:P

You mean to say that they have a choice????? :shock: