The 9th title thread

willywonka

Let me be the first (?) Liverpool fan to extend congratulations.

In the space of one week, Moaning Mourinho's dreams of the quadruple crown and then the treble, has been crushed by northern teams. Now you can finish the job and crush him further by denying him a double... so, yes, I'll be yelling for you come the FA Cup Final. :wink:

Originally posted by ChrisG:

Let me be the first (?) Liverpool fan to extend congratulations.

In the space of one week, Moaning Mourinho's dreams of the quadruple crown and then the treble, has been crushed by northern teams. Now you can finish the job and crush him further by denying him a double... so, yes, I'll be yelling for you come the FA Cup Final. :wink:

You seem to be one of a rare breed Chrisg....... a Poo fan that can acknowledge the efforts and achievements of a rival club. Well done :wink:

Congrats to United on their, errr, 16th championship. :D The Poo are still 2 titles ahead, but the phrase "Forever In Our Shadow" in titles is beginning to slip. Not in Europe, though. Good luck against Milan, though I suspect Milan will not let you know what happen to them again.

If the Gooners can sort out their tendency to hit the post and not the net, and get tough in tackling situations (Chelsea were harder tacklers yesterday) however, not even United will stand in their way. I'm looking forward to the way things happened a few years ago, with Arsenal and United doing the biz while Chelsea and Liverpool will be spectators. That said, I suspect Arsenal will have to wait for one season further.

As for the FA Cup Final, another Double methinks for Fergie! :D But it will be harder than 13 years ago.

[ 07.05.2007, 19:48: Message edited by: Goonerman ]

No luck involved in winning the league. Best team did this year including playing the most attack minded football.

Certainly going to be an interesting cup final.

- Liverpool Fan by the way

[ 09.05.2007, 09:03: Message edited by: Adrian ]

Originally posted by Adrian:

No luck involved in winning the league. Best team did this year including playing the most attack minded football.

Certainly going to bve an interesting cup final.

I agree entirely :)

Originally posted by wolfie:

You seem to be one of a rare breed Chrisg....... a Poo fan that can acknowledge the efforts and achievements of a rival club. Well done :wink:

Not difficult to acknowledge a job well done Wolfie. We are talking sport after all eh!

Not impressed with Busby's immature jibe though -tres infantile ( :P and in reality Busby, does it really matter? Enjoy your teams success this year, rather than trying, and failing miserably, to denigrate others.

Again, to all genuine sports fans, good luck Man U in the FA Cup - anxiously awaiting what Jose has in store (antics/excuses etc).

[ 11.05.2007, 10:04: Message edited by: ChrisG ]

Originally posted by DavyG:

Chrisg, your support for Uniteds success in winning the title came close to sour grapes at one point in your post.

Davy, I may have over reacted to Busby (apologies if I have), and maybe he was merely linking his post to the topic, but if so, why the unnecessary shot a Liverpool when the topic is about 9 MU EPL titles? why not simply enjoy his clubs achievement?, MU are in line for a great double after all.

I've oft seen the reference to Liverpool's lack of an EPL Championship title to date - but to want to wipe out the history of the game, and begin again at year zero ala Pol Pot doesn't make sense.

......And don't forget, I'll be doing it tougher than most of you watching the FA Cup re time zone difference...so don't disappoint eh! :D

edited to correct an inadvertent misspelling (or two!) :spin: .

[ 12.05.2007, 08:58: Message edited by: ChrisG ]

Chris.....no need to apologise, insults between Poo supporters and United are common on here. Gary cheerfully calls it 'banter'.

My reference to Poo and 9-0 is exactly what it is meant to be........emphasising the number of Premiership titles United have won. :D Why Poo?....... well there don't seem to be many Arsenal, Blackburn or Chelsea fans on this forum so the likelyhood of an angry, bitter or even funny response would have been :wink:

Busby. Enjoy the moment and I sincerely hope you're enjoying another in a week or so's time. Hope I am too!

As for the 'also-rans' final(my 'moment').... I wonder what Sir Alex and the Man U Board would say? :D

Keep the banter friendly and good hearted and I'll join in every time.

Chris - I've not always agreed with you, but I've always found you civil and gracious (a rare commodity whichever team one supports). I'm sure we'd get on just fine if we ever met IRL.

This makes it more painful for me to say that, although poo are the most successful team in the glorious history of English football, they've never won the Premiership. Despite success in other major cup competitions, and regardless of any bragging rights, 17 years without the domestic title would give me serious worries about my team.

Good luck in Athens. If you play the better football, I hope you win it.