Gary

Who will win the Premier League 2008-09  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Premier League 2008-09

• Liverpool
    • Chelsea
    • Man Utd
    • Arsenal

Some of us are toooooooo busy for such trivia so early in the season. Take the tinted specs off, it's still October. :roll:

You could have voted in the time it took to make that response! :roll:

The second part of the sentence was the important bit.

How is it, that you only do topics like this when the poo have had a couple of good results? :?:wink:

Some of us are toooooooo busy for such trivia so early in the season. Take the tinted specs off, it's still October. :roll:

You could have voted in the time it took to make that response! :roll:

The second part of the sentence was the important bit.

How is it, that you only do topics like this when the poo have had a couple of good results? :?:wink:

Peter - what on earth are you talking about.

Liverpool Football Club have not lost a game of football since their narrow Champions League defeat to Chelsea last April! :roll:

Since then they have defeated two of the best teams in Europe and are top of the toughest League in Europe by three points.

A little more than a couple of good results.

Please let me enjoy the moment while it lasts! :oops:

I would like to think United, but with the worse start to a Premiership ever along with the fact that Ronaldo's heart aint in it (who I expect to be sold once the transfer window opens again) I am going for Chelsea.

Liverpool have made there best start to the Premiership but have relied on two sendings off to secure the points in 2 games and although they got the winning goal at the weekend, I was more impressed with Chelsea's play than that of Liverpools.

I don't think Arsenal have a strong enough squad.

Liverpool have made there best start to the Premiership but have relied on two sendings off to secure the points in 2 games

were these not part and parcel of the game? jump in 2 footed get sent off. Its the rules. Liverpool have also lost out by reffing decisions ie Stoke but dont let that come in the way of a biased opinion. :wink:

mind you what fan worth his salt isn't biased? :D

I think Chelsea will win the League, I detested Josie but I can only applaud what Scolari is doing. They are good to watch.

United will finish second but quite a few points adrift.

Liverpool will be third because Rafa will bottle it.

Arsenal will be the disappointed fourth because I had them as favourites before the season started.

If United do pull it off I will be surprised and delighted but I am a realist unlike the "Liverpool are Top" dreamers.

I think Chelsea will win the League, I detested Josie but I can only applaud what Scolari is doing. They are good to watch.

United will finish second but quite a few points adrift.

Liverpool will be third because Rafa will bottle it.

Arsenal will be the disappointed fourth because I had them as favourites before the season started.

If United do pull it off I will be surprised and delighted but I am a realist unlike the "Liverpool are Top" dreamers.

Ok Eagle - based on the game between Liverpoola nd Chelsea - what makes you think Chelsea are going to win the league?

They didn't even look capable of scoring if the game had gone on all night while Liverpool hit th inside of the post and had a stunning Gerrard strike finger tipped over the bar.

My opinion of the prospects of the various teams is based on what i have seen overall, not one game. I could pick a couple of games for United and say that "on that form they will be unbeatable" but I am not that naive.

I said that Liverpool deserved their victory at Chelsea, Alonso was outstanding and along with Mascherano completely dominated Deco and Lampard but that is only one game.

I don't think Torres will play regularly this season, he is another 'hamstrung' Owen and Keane is rubbish.

Arsenal's fringe players lack experience, Ferguson doesn't know his best team or tactics and as a consequence are short of goals, so it is still Chelsea for me.

My opinion of the prospects of the various teams is based on what i have seen overall, not one game. I could pick a couple of games for United and say that "on that form they will be unbeatable" but I am not that naive.

I said that Liverpool deserved their victory at Chelsea, Alonso was outstanding and along with Mascherano completely dominated Deco and Lampard but that is only one game.

I don't think Torres will play regularly this season, he is another 'hamstrung' Owen and Keane is rubbish.

Arsenal's fringe players lack experience, Ferguson doesn't know his best team or tactics and as a consequence are short of goals, so it is still Chelsea for me.

I always thought the good rule of thumb for a Championship winning team was to win games when playing badly.

Apart from half a game against United and the victory over Chelsea Liverpool have been relatively mediocre - but are still top of the league and undefeated since last April!

And as I have mentioned before if you compare all the top fours league performances over the past 12 months Liverpool are in a league of their own.

Consistency wins titles and Liverpool are the most consistent team not just this season but for the past 12 months.

Hopefully by Christmas you will wake up and smell the coffee!

Yet another unconvincing performance by Liverpool in their 1-0 victory over Portsmouth (lets play with 11 behind the ball) yet still three points clear of the chasing pack and Arsenal dropped two points behind.

Spurs are enjoying a mini revival so Liverpool will have to stake their title intentions at White Hart Lane this weekend - could this be when the wheels come off?

Spurs are enjoying a mini revival so Liverpool will have to stake their title intentions at White Hart Lane this weekend - could this be when the wheels come off?

Not coming up with excuses already???

Spurs v Arsenal was a cracking game but with a half decent defence on both sides it should have ended up 1-1 at the most. :roll:

Giving Poo their due, they have a good defence so it's unlikely that Spurs will score, so it's down to how many Poo will score and/or how many players Spurs have sent off :wink:

Not coming up with excuses already???

Spurs v Arsenal was a cracking game but with a half decent defence on both sides it should have ended up 1-1 at the most. :roll:

Giving Poo their due, they have a good defence so it's unlikely that Spurs will score, so it's down to how many Poo will score and/or how many players Spurs have sent off :wink:

Seems like my reverse psychology worked :wink: unlike Gary's :lol: