Who will win the Premier League 2008-09  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Premier League 2008-09

• Liverpool
    • Chelsea
    • Man Utd
    • Arsenal

The fat Spanish waiter cracks me up

I find it astonishing that an Everton fan can have a pop at another teams manager based on physical apperance when your own David Moyes looks like the product of a drunken one night stand between Jimmy Crankie and Gollum :wink:

I find it astonishing that an Everton fan can have a pop at another teams manager based on physical apperance when your own David Moyes looks like the product of a drunken one night stand between Jimmy Crankie and Gollum :wink:

How did you know I was talking about Benitez? Oh you recognised the caricature! :D:D:D

And I never claimed that DM was pretty :D:D:wink:

How did you know I was talking about Benitez? Oh you recognised the caricature! :D:D:D

And I never claimed that DM was pretty :D:D:wink:

Perhaps I did recognise your caricature or perhaps I just followed the clues.

You made your caricature post in a thread about the premier league and as Senor Benitez is the only Spanish manager in the Premier league I could be justified feeling it was aimed his way.

The posts imediately prior to yours were discussing the Spurs/Liverpool match which could have led me to believe you must mean either Benitez or Redknapp and as Harry is English I concluded you meant Benitez.

You used in your post a quote widely attributed to Benitez in the media which further pointed me towards the target of your wit.

All of these clues as you see make it elementary my dear Asperity as to your meaning, and another thing, where in the post you refer to do I mention Raphael Benitez, Liverpool or any other person by name. It seems that you may be the presumtuous one here Asp :wink::D

Also I could simply have drawn the conclusion based on the fact that Rafa does indeed resemble a fat Spanish waiter. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Having watched their dire performance against Manchester United today, I really do not believe that Scolari is the right man for the Chelsea job. I feel that it is unfortunate due to what a nice man he seems to be but Football is a results business and Chelsea now have very little chance of winning the title. They look a shadow of their former self and were well beaten against United. If I were a betting person, I would very much fancy my chances on a bet that Scolari won't be Manager come the start of next season. The only way he can possibly save his job in my opinion is by winning the Champions League. I like many people expected Chelsea to win this years Premiership Title due to the buzz that surrounded Scolari's appointment and his highly impressive track record however, it would seem that when it comes to tactics he has no plan B and that something has very much gone wrong for them. When he first got the job, a number of people noted how he has never managed a club in Europe, and that point is at present, there for all to see.

Having watched their dire performance against Manchester United today, I really do not believe that Scolari is the right man for the Chelsea job. I feel that it is unfortunate due to what a nice man he seems to be but Football is a results business and Chelsea now have very little chance of winning the title. They look a shadow of their former self and were well beaten against United. If I were a betting person, I would very much fancy my chances on a bet that Scolari won't be Manager come the start of next season. The only way he can possibly save his job in my opinion is by winning the Champions League. I like many people expected Chelsea to win this years Premiership Title due to the buzz that surrounded Scolari's appointment and his highly impressive track record however, it would seem that when it comes to tactics he has no plan B and that something has very much gone wrong for them. When he first got the job, a number of people noted how he has never managed a club in Europe, and that point is at present, there for all to see.

The big difference is Big Phil played players who don't want to play for him any more - Fergie left his sulking on the bench.

I think United fans owe Liverpool manager Rafa a big thank you for firing their team up as well! :oops:

I think United fans owe Liverpool manager Rafa a big thank you for firing their team up as well! :oops:

IF you believe that, you'll believe anything.

It's January, the time when Man. U get serious.

Liverpool can now start to worry. Fergie has sown the seeds of doubt, and Rafa bit. This will filter down to the way the poo team play as it did against Stoke.

Keep watching the table. The gap is shrinking,and still games in hand. :lol::lol::lol:

Liverpool can now start to worry. Fergie has sown the seeds of doubt, and Rafa bit. This will filter down to the way the poo team play as it did against Stoke.

Keep watching the table. The gap is shrinking,and still games in hand. :lol::lol::lol:

If United are top at 10pm next Monday they will win the title!

We have been playing like that all season, just most of the time getting the result.

We are still top until Saturday, assuming MU beat Wigan & Bolton.

We don't need to worry. We were expected to finish 4th again this year, we are in with a shout at the minute.

It will be interesting what selections he makes in the CL & FA cup.