Andy Murray

wolfie

A win at the Olympics would have warranted a 'well done'

and if he had got a gold medal then an 'extremely well done'

As it happened he lost in the first round to a chap ranked 77 in the world so the term 'prat' comes to mind rather than well done. :roll::roll::roll:

Funny how he was 'British' representative in the Olympics but wishes to be known as Scottish in the world rankings :roll:

A win at the Olympics would have warranted a 'well done'

and if he had got a gold medal then an 'extremely well done'

As it happened he lost in the first round to a chap ranked 77 in the world so the term 'prat' comes to mind rather than well done. :roll::roll::roll:

Yes indeed a gold would have got a well done, so why not reaching the US Open final?

He lost to a guy ranked 77, yes a prat for losing on paper what was an easy game, but that wasn't you original point.

Anyway, was it even his surface, I know sod all about tennis, lah-de-dah upper middle class frollicking that it is, but I do know surfaces have a great effect on players, could explain his early exit?

Funny how he was 'British' representative in the Olympics but wishes to be known as Scottish in the world rankings :roll:
Because he's Scottish, but the Olympics recognises the political nationality of these islands rather than the geographical national borders within.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Geoff, your resurrection of this thread after ten months suggests that either you are besotted with Murray or you are two strings short of a racquet.

Do you really believe that he read this thread and it egged him on to greater heights and wonderful tennis? :?

I think its the wordwide readership.

I would be surprised if the Scot posted on an English town's forum though.

If he did post a comment about his win im sure some people would be elated.

Personally i would prefer listening to a fishing match on the radio with lots of static.

• 3 weeks later...

Poor Andy I see what you mean about his timing, better luck next time?

British number one Andy Murray paid the price for an error-strewn display as he went out of the US Open with a fourth-round defeat by Marin Cilic.

Murray, seeded second, had two set points for the first set but it was his Croatian opponent who snatched it.

The second set was a disaster for the Scot, who made a series of mistakes to allow the 16th seed to extend his lead.

Cilic, who held serve throughout, kept attacking in the third set and went on to seal an impressive 7-5 6-2 6-2 win