Pot holes

Peter T

The severity of the pothole and, therefore, the criteria for attention is determined by the risk it poses to road users. This is difficult to judge since all potholes present some risk. The factors to be taken into account include size and depth of pothole; traffic type, speed and volume; road alignment and visibility and also the position in relation to road width.

The severity of the pothole and, therefore, the criteria for attention is determined by the risk it poses to road users. This is difficult to judge since all potholes present some risk. The factors to be taken into account include size and depth of pothole; traffic type, speed and volume; road alignment and visibility and also the position in relation to road width.

Perhaps a visit to assess the problem, could be a golden opportunity Paul?

Something of an expert on filling in potholes aren't you Paul if my memory serves me well? :roll:

You're most kind, but I think "expert" is gilding the lily somewhat.....I did as you say however sort one out in Walton...and just recently have had three filled in Hatton via WBC.

Regarding Gainsborough Avenue, Latchford West, Peter....a job for the new Mayor I think...given it is in his Ward. :wink::D

My car tends to find any potholes big enough to do damage. So far this year I have a damaged tyre (?120.00 fitted in November last year) and countless bushes and bearings.

Also last Friday, one of those infernal speed bumps on Liford Avenue in Bewsey decided to rip off the bracket holding two exhausts pipes to the bottom of the car. My car is quite big and quite low and as such I am well versed to driving slowly over these things but they just keep banging away at the bottom of the car. Instead of buggering about with Council pensions and traffic lights, maybe the council could sort the roads out?

I drove out through Lymm today and the main road going out towards Altingcham was in a dreadful state of repair. Not only was it riddled with holes and bumps but the central markings were almost completely worn away. I've seen much better maintained roads in third world countries.

Bill :)

What do we pay our cllrs for, if not to know the state of their ward?

Perhaps living in the Ward would be an advantage.

My original post was about the inconsistancy of marking holes for repair.

To be really picky, there are two deep ones at the end of Slater St outside the chip shop that are waiting for a compensation claim to get them fixed. :roll:

all the tarmac allocaed by the brussel sprouts is to be used to create pavements like the one by Winwick church, that removes 6 car parking spaces, makes the junction positively dangerous and in need of traffic lights, causing further congestion

You should try cycling along some of the roads, it's not necessarily the big open ones which cause a problem, some of the joints between two sections of road at junctions are terrible, the two bits are basically coming apart. If they get any deeper then getting a trye caught in them could cause an accident quite easily.

What about the ones at the top end of Slater Street ??!! theyre not pot holes theyre craters ! :evil:

Tony,

They have finally be filled. Yesterday or Thursday.

Given the number of elderly on this estate, it is diabolical that potholes like those should be left for weeks in need of repair.