Much ado -

Observer II

- about nothing ?    It's a measure of the pathetic depths of current political discourse, that politicians and the MSM are obsessing over alleged "parties" at number 10.   Yes, it was wrong, yes it sends out the wrong hypocritical signal; but it seems this "crime" was committed by a bunch of "hooray Henry" staffers, and was probably replicated in offices throughout the land by similar young covidiots while the boss was away, believing they're immune to risk; and no doubt sackings will now follow.   imo this is no worse than the youngsters who hold mass raves or protests throughout the lock downs and of course the perps should be held to account.   But the weight of indignation by the opposition and the media is being aimed at the PM, who apparently wasn't even at number 10.  If the political hyenas really want to prey on the PM,  there are many options of attack, such as the alleged influence of his wife on Gov policy and the mystery of how a bunch of dogs were evacuated from Kabul ahead of needy human beings, or more importantly, the lack of resolve on the NI protocol or illegal immigration, things the lefty press keep quiet about.    😠

• Upvote 2

We didn’t have a works Christmas party last year, but we did have a day where most of the staff came into the office to work, and mince pies and a few bottles of beer were made available. I think the only person that could call this a party would be someone with an axe to grind. We didn’t all sit around with tears in our eyes and glum faces, thinking only of the people who were dying although it seems in politics, that’s what some think should be the order of the day.

Bill 😊

Odd though how this has just surfaced when it happened last Christmas.

Makes you wonder if the leak was deliberate to divert attention from something more serious like covid. or something similar.

Not many Immigrant stories about or brexit whinger stories, No stories of covidiot protests or save the planet from whatever protest either.

43 minutes ago, Bill said:

.. someone with an axe to grind...

That would describe it well. The Government are currently not proposing to investigate other "parties" on other dates which some say were investigated by people called Peston and Laura somebody. But they are thinking about extending the scope!

<rant> The question from the shower that call themselves journalists at last night's press conference on new measures were toe curling. The consistently sought to undermine the advice being given out by the Government to the point that the opposition from the journos was visibly making Chris Whitty cross at the way the messages were being undermined. There is no way on earth that what the press did last night can be construed in the public interest. </rant>

This wasn’t that newsworthy back in January when it first came to light but then one of the mainstream journalists received what she described as an anonymous brown paper package arriving on her doorstep.

Make of that what you will but for sure, the package would have come from someone who’s sole intent was to embarrass and create problems for the government. Whether this came from a political opponent or some other anti-establishment group, we may never know but it certainly doesn’t help in the fight against this disease.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

We must be the laughing stock of the world, I can see Putin and Xi rolling on the floor with laughter;  at this display of petty political irrelavence;   and it's all down to the woke media in the Westminster bubble,  desperate to bring down Boris and saddle us with more immigration and EU obedience.  😠

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

We must be the laughing stock of the world, I can see Putin and Xi rolling on the floor with laughter;  at this display of petty political irrelavence;   and it's all down to the woke media in the Westminster bubble,  desperate to bring down Boris and saddle us with more immigration and EU obedience.  😠

I've been thinking the same as well.

Only one way to fix it I'm afraid

Boris must step to one side and allow a more acceptable  person who doesn't drop clanger after clanger and turn to Peppa Pig to try and cover up a very bad presentation .

Rishi Sunak or Jeremy Hunt would seem good contenders

He could always introduce a total lockdown of the whole country.

Nobody to go out the house unless absolutely essential.

Nobody who wants to leave the country to go on holiday or any other reason to leave the country.

Those already on holiday or whatever not to be allowed into the country.

Any immigrants crossing the channel to be turned back by force if required.

All these things could be done and have been called for by various political parties over the last couple of years.

Those who bleat on about their human rights forget the most important human right of all "the right to suffer the consequences of their actions".

Devils advocate mode deactivated.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Latchford Locks said:

I've been thinking the same as well.

Only one way to fix it I'm afraid

Boris must step to one side and allow a more acceptable  person who doesn't drop clanger after clanger and turn to Peppa Pig to try and cover up a very bad presentation .

Rishi Sunak or Jeremy Hunt would seem good contenders

We need someone with gravitas and conviction, which is an extremely difficult ask, with politicians who grovel their way to the top; the nearest for me would be Nigel.   :unsure:

• Upvote 1