That's never happened

Bill

Last week I bought our regular four pack of Mackeson stout for my wife who has a bit of an iron deficiency and tonight when I came to open the last can for her, I found it was completely empty. The ring pull was all intact but I could just make out what looked like a microscopic pin hole in the bottom where it must have leaked out prior to it being boxed as the cardboard carton showed no signs of staining.

I had a banana once that was completely empty but never a can of beer, how odd is that. My glass is now neither half empty or half full. :)

Bill 😊

13 hours ago, Bill said:

Last week I bought our regular four pack of Mackeson stout for my wife who has a bit of an iron deficiency and tonight when I came to open the last can for her, 

Bill 😊

Never understood why it is so expensive ,they come in small cans and have a low alcoholic strength.

It's a nice enough brew but why so expensive?

It is a bit expensive I suppose but it’s what the doctor recommended. She’ll only drink half a can so I end up with the other half and over a while I’ve developed a liking for it. I’ve never been a big fan of the high alcohol content drinks so I’m perfectly ok with 2.8% and at half a whiskey glass of it per night, there’s never a hangover the next morning.

Bill 😊

Knowing out luck the box would probably be empty. She already rattles with all the other tablets she takes, and her condition isn’t that bad. They said it’s just a bit on the low side and dietary changes would be sufficient for now. I remember my mum having a similar problem and the doctor back then recommended Mackeson. On the plus side, it’s a little social drink in the evening that won’t do us any harm.

Bill 😊

We tried Guinness a few weeks back when we couldn’t get Mackeson but having developed a taste for it, the Guinness seemed tasteless and watery in comparison which is a bit odd because I used to like an occasional pint of it.

Bill :)