The curse of Twitter

BBC Radio 5 DJ Danny Baker is the latest victim of "The curse of Twitter", losing his job after Tweeting a "funny" picture that brought down the wrath of the permanently offended. It beats me why so many people use Twitter when it brings grief to so many of them. I suppose that when they Tweet something inane it must have been in their mind at the time, but they seem unable to stop themselves sharing it. Bizarre.

I've never used Twitter and have no intention of ever trying it by the way.

I am offended by the fact that i have not found anything to be offended by today.

It always amazes me that people Can find things to be offended by. Usually trivial things like a picture or an off the cuff comment. most of the things that have been put up as "offensive" are to me at the least mildly humorous at the most rather sad and pathetic.

I do find some things offensive though. Mp's who get a 29% pay rise whilst preaching austerity for one.adverts by celebrities earning millions to ask me to give money to fund (insert any cause you want) for another.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Be offended by this, from the Daily Telegraph:

"MPs including a minister are boosting their expenses by claiming for adult children “dependent” upon them, The Telegraph can disclose.

Rules introduced in 2017 allow MPs to claim additional second home expenses of up to £5,400 per child.

The rule was originally intended to help MPs with children rent bigger homes but The Telegraph has discovered, following changes to the regulations, several are using the allowance to claim for adult children in their 20s.

Claire Perry, an energy minister who earns £111,148 a year, claimed £9,846 on top of her £22,760 standard allowance by citing her three children aged 17, 19 and 22. Ms Perry said: “All claims are made completely in accordance with the Ipsa…"

Can we start hanging them yet?

7 hours ago, Confused52 said:

Surely you think that is your job?

Not at all, I genuinely don’t care what offends you or others on here,  thought that would be obvious.   Great to see you can do a concise post that doesn’t drone on ad nauseum 😄👏

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Observer II said:

If anyone doubted Orwell's 1984;  the offenderatti have now reported this matter to the Police, who are now investigating  -   two legs good, four legs bad.

You do know that 1984 is  work of fiction right?  Oh and your quote is from Animal Farm, a different fictional story.  

I find it hard to believe that anybody is surprised that some people are offended by a numptys depiction of the first mixed race royal baby as a chimp, especially his parents and family no doubt.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Observer II said:

back to ignore - what a p***k    🙄

You appear to have met your Waterloo,  at least the real Napoleon didn't scuttle off with his eyes shut, fingers in ears singing " Je ne suis pas à l’écoute".  Mort de rire.

So back to fact and reality,  who finds it perfectly fine for some attention seeking celeb to depict the mixed race baby boy as a chimpanzee on social media?  Even the moron we are discussing has accepted that he was totally out of order.  

I use twitter, facebook, linkedin and Instagram - hence I have little time to come on here! 

I have kept the forum going in the belief that one day people will tire of all the different social media and come back to this platform in their droves.

But the fact Dizzy took up facebook now has me doubting whether it will ever happen 🙄

I use this forum, an Everton fan forum, a rugby league forum and I go on Farcebook to keep in touch with ex Merchant Navy shipmates and some other interests not covered by WW forum. I've never twitted, Instagrammed or linkedin to anyone, wouldn't know where to start!

I thought the current insanity was confined to the West, but it seems air heads are a global phenomena:-  A 16yo Malaysian girl put out a poll on instagram, asking whether she should live or die.   60% replied that she should die, so she duly commited suicide.       🙄