Immigration?

observer

Well that's certainly got my vote Baz! :lol: Yer right, we're so wrapped up in HR nonesense and undermanned Departments, that by the time the paperwork catches up with an assylum case, the guy has sired half a dozen sprogs and is playing happy families. As I've been saying all through this thread, the response has to be swift and immediate at the point of entry or apprehension. :cry:

..... As I've been saying all through this thread, the response has to be swift and immediate at the point of entry or apprehension. :cry:

Ahh I'm in the wrong topic. This ones not about inmates and the right's to a family is it :oops::lol:

Peter the virtual amnesty that Obs has mentioned came about under this regime not the last one. Are you sure your not a Tory :?::wink:

Read between the lines, not over them.

My understanding is that the paperwork got lost under Labour, which has caused this "lot" to give a virtual amnesty.

Plus, we said a few years ago that people were coming in illegally and getting lost in various towns, and when it hit the headlines, Labour denied it.

Any MP virtually straight from Uni cannot be trusted to do the right things as they have no University of Life experience.

But I guess as a true Lib-Dem supporter, it is the party that counts regardless as to whether they are any good or not. :roll:

Is this topic a record?

It started on 18 April 2007 and is now 68 pages long and is still going strong with no agreement being reached on who is to blame or how to stop it.

I wonder how many illegal immigrants have entered the country in the time that you have all been chatting about it and whether they are all reading this :wink:

Maybe that's why we get so many foreign spammers and chancers registering... they are just testing the water to see how long it takes to be 'removed' :lol:

post edited as I originally put 67 but meant 68

It's like I said Dizzy, the problem is uncontrollable. We have no control over our borders because we no longer have a border. We are part of the EUSSR and a dumping ground for anyone no-one else wants. Shall we do the sensible thing? Not while any of the major parties have their way :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Oh sorry.

Aren't we part of the EU though and most things 'EU' seem to come back and slap us in the face big style sooner or later:?

If we (the UK) caught more at our borders what exactly would we (the UK) do with them as we may be contravening their human rights etc :wink:

asperity, you sound more like Obs every day, The UK is not party to the Schengen agreement we do have control over our borders. :!:

There are no checks on people leaving the country. So if someone enters the country with a visa legally there is no check that they have left the country when the visa expires. Understand?? :roll::roll:

Asp... are you saying that it is pointless going through all the checks at UK airports on an outbound journey as you aren't really checked at all :? I'm confused now.

You don't get checked out of the country by Immigration Dizzy, and they only check that your UK passport is valid when you come back in. However if you are a UK citizen and don't have a passport they can't stop you coming in, although you might have difficulty getting on the plane in the first place without one :lol::lol:

Just as an after thought... and one that I will now bore you with.

Years ago (20 ish) we flew to Canada to stay with relatives and part way through the hols drove over the border into New York for 2 days. We had to have a visa to do that (a short stay one). We then drove back into Canada through the scarey road border control where they even questioned the cost of the new shoes our aunt (who lived in canada) was wearing as we hadn't declared buying any shoes)), They were very strict and very big too :shock: We then continued to enjoy the remaining hols in Canada and flew home from there.

A few years later we both flew from Manchester to Florida and went through passport control there. I was stopped and they said at first I couldn't go in as I still had an unsurrendered visa so in effect I was already IN their country :shock: Apparently I should have handed it in the last time but no-one ever told me but as it was still stapled in my passport they removed it, did a few checks, and finally me go through.

NOW... the big scarey blokes on the New York border had seen me leave and checked everything (apart from ripping my stub out) and then me and my passport had been checked again to fly from Canada to the UK so surely they must have known I had GONE :shock: Seemed not !

Gosh they could have had two of me :lol:

So maybe the UK is just 20+ years behind and at the level the USA was at then until they got tougher :wink:

Asp... are you saying that it is pointless going through all the checks at UK airports on an outbound journey as you aren't really checked at all :? I'm confused now.

You don't get checked out of the country by Immigration Dizzy, and they only check that your UK passport is valid when you come back in. However if you are a UK citizen and don't have a passport they can't stop you coming in, although you might have difficulty getting on the plane in the first place without one :lol::lol:

Kije, in effect you do get checked out of the country as I believe that every carrier is obliged to inform the government via border agency etc. who is on their planes, coaches, trains etc. which are exiting.... so even though you may not officially be stamped out, I would challenge the notion that they don't know where you are.....after all, after 13 years of Nu Liebours Big Brother society, do you really think they wouldn't know who is leaving? It is the buggers that come in that they can't seem to control!