Immigration?

observer

Kije still dodging the question I see..... you won't tell us where you get all your current affairs information from if you don't use the press.

Most of us on here take the information off the TV and papers and then form an opinion based on that; you however claim to be different, so pray tell where it comes from??

Not dodging at all Baz just waiting for you to answer my question, it is you that are dodging :!::wink:

Which question? You asked (at the top of the page) where I got my information from.... I told you. I then asked you (again) where you got your information from and you keep asking me to answer you. You are the one dodging Kije, because you get your info from the press like everyone else does but like to think you are different. Either that or you have a crystal ball!

Ok Baz I will try to make it easy for you, What is the total population of Roma Gypys in the UK, Its easy to look up, Out of that population what is the percentage of them with a criminal conviction, for you to be right about them well over 50% would have to have a criminal conviction

You can give the French stats if you prefer :wink:

Kije,

I don't give a hoot what the population of Roma pikeys in this country is.... to my mind, one is too many. The impression I get from the papers is that they are all criminals. The impression I get when I see pikeys squatting near my house is that they are all criminals, the impression I get from most sane individuals I communicate with regarding pikeys is that they are criminals.....

I might well be guessing and tarring them all with the same brush, but I will live with that. They shouldn't be here, they cause a hell of a mess wherever they camp and nobody (probably with the exception of you and a few human rights lawyers) like them. They generally have no respect for the law or for the rights and well being of other people so why should I give a fig about them?

Have a look at this.... it may open your eyes a bit to the scams they are capable of.... it is the Mail , but we have to start somewhere

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1297764/The-Roma-champion-helping-gipsies-steal-3m-benefits.html

Have a look at the French reaction to the nonsense that Brussels is spouting.... The Guardian this time... is that OK?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/15/nicolas-sarkozy-luxembourg-roma

and a comment on one of the many obsevations on the subject:

I live in a leafy town just outside London. There's a tasty piece of waste land just across the road from my cul-de-sac. I think it would be deeply hypocritical of me to lambast Sarkozy, unless I could put my hand on my heart and say that I would have no misgivings about a group of Roma setting up a camp there.

Would you have them opposite your house Kije?

You will not look at the stats Baz, because you know they will undermine you. :!:

Kije,

I don't have the stats. I base my assumptions on what I read and seeing as every thing I read tells me that the Roma are a bunch of thieves, then I believe it. If you can convince me otherwise, please post your links to the stats you base your opinions on.

In the meantime, ponder on this gem from the BBC (of course you won't believe it because it doesn't come from your font of knowledge; youtube,,,, but bear with me)

"Organised crime

Nowhere in Europe has there been more controversy over crime in the Roma community than in Italy, where the government recently declared a state of emergency following various high profile crimes blamed on the Roma.

Francesco Messina, Milan police

In Milan in 2007, just after Romania entered the European Union, police noticed a surge in theft and pick-pocketing carried out by Roma children.

They launched a major investigation involving phone-tapping and surveillance, which revealed that a criminal gang was using the children to generate huge profits.

"In a month period, each kid earned about 12,000 euros (?10,500). Then, 12,000 euros times by 50 kids, and if we do the maths, we reached an astronomical amount of money," says Francesco Messina, who led the police operation.

Members of the gang were jailed for up to 14 years in prison for enslaving and exploiting the children, many of whom were discovered locked in a shed when police raided the camp.

The rescued children were taken into care, but the BBC's This World programme discovered two of the boys had gone back to the streets of Milan, and were stealing again. Even this huge police operation had not saved them from a life of crime."

No problem with that report Baz, but I doudt 100% of the roma population in Italy are involved. A bit like the Mafia. Do you kill all Italians to get rid of them, or do you find the small part of the comunity that are in the Mafia to get rid of them. If you put your solution to the Roma on to the Mafia then what. Are all Columbians drug dealers :?:

No problem with that report Baz, but I doudt 100% of the roma population in Italy are involved. A bit like the Mafia. Do you kill all Italians to get rid of them, or do you find the small part of the comunity that are in the Mafia to get rid of them. If you put your solution to the Roma on to the Mafia then what. Are all Columbians drug dealers :?:

I wouldn't kill anyone.... but France is doing the right thing in expelling them. They are lazy layabout criminals. That is what the general concensous is it seems.

Would you want them living opposite your house Kije? I wouldn't

Ridiculous comparison as usual. Not all organised crime is carried out by Colombians unless you have proof otherwise. Organised crime is carried out by lots of people including our own, but we can't deport them. Eastern Europeans do carry out a lot of crime apparently or so I heard, but that wasn't the question because you are dodging again..........

Would you like Roma pikeys living opposite your house. Would you welcome them with open arms?

clear enough now?

Its not ridiculous, Its your view point, You've written off the Roma on what you have read, whats the difference, all the news that comes out of Columbia is bad, interesting that you don't feel the same about Columbians. So you are willing to accept that not all Columbians are drug dealers then :?::wink:

Look out we might take a step forward here :wink::shock::lol:

• 1 month later...

Call me Dave seems committed to reducing non-EU immigration to tens of thousands rather than hundreds of thousands - well the best of British Dave - we'll see. But as 80% of immigration is down to EU subjects, entitled to move freely throughout the EU, he may have a slight problem. It seems women from Latvia (currently suffering high unemployment) are being enticed into scam marriages with non-EU immigrants, thus making their new partners EU citizens - try sorting that one out Dave! :roll: