Immigration?

observer

I would take issue with that Baz. The carrier may be giving the border agency the number of people on each plane/ship/train, and perhaps even the names, they don't record your identity document (passport). :wink::wink:

If you book a flight on sleazy jet or similar, you use your passport as photo ID and the details will be on record. If you go via ferry (certainly from Hull, Dover where I have been through), you check in at the gate in your car and they take your travel tickets and passport into the little cabin and check/record the details therein or thereon..... what is there to take issue with?

Do they not know about the Venezualen cabin boys on ships like yours :lol:

Baz, I fly to and from my ships frequently and, yes, they do look at the passport as a photo id check but they don't actually note the details. We don't have any Venezuelans, or indeed cabin boys, although the Border Agency has lately been refusing to issue visas to Fillipinos to come and work on our ships which is a pity because they are amongst the best there are. So your argument may have some validity but doesn't cover all bases. How's that for newspeak haha. :wink::wink:

Think most probs and solutions are contained somewhere in this marathon thread - the main requisites are a national data system to show who/how many have entered the country and those that have left. And of course we need to exit the EU ASAP and the ECHR. Kije talks about the Shengen Agreement, which has just allowed the Italians to issue work visas to 20,000 Tunisians, in order to pass them onto the French, who in turn, will no doubt pass them onto good old Blighty. :roll:

Kije talks about the Shengen Agreement, which has just allowed the Italians to issue work visas to 20,000 Tunisians, in order to pass them onto the French, who in turn, will no doubt pass them onto good old Blighty.

The Shengen agreement only permits freedom to Eu citizens Obs :wink:

Last time I checked Tunisia was not in the Eu :wink:

They did not give them passports they gave them travel permits, they can travel freely in the shengan countries.

France closed it rail border with Italy, because it has a very large Tunisian population, And it thinks the Tunisians will head their, I beleive Belgium has done the same thing, Both France and Belgium have threatened to put back border controls.

Well, perhaps the prog will be a wake up call for politicians, but somehow I doubt it. I was struck by the immigrant's assumption and the liberal notion, that they have a "right" to move anywhere on the planet (note the preference for Britain!), when getting "the freedom" to leave their own sinking ships. Well the Germans had two goes, and the French and Spanish before them; and arriving under lorries rather than in tanks doesn't make the overall consequences any different. The politicians and political system from the ivory towers of Brussels down to Local Authorities are evidently clueless as to a resolution and talking while the immigrants are walking. The irony of course, is that we are spending ?billions on destroying the economic and social infrastructure of Libya, thus creating yet another wave of immigrants to cope with. The answer of course is simple, pack them all into ferry boats and and ship them back ASAP. :twisted:

Judging by some on here - quite possibly! :wink: Interesting report on BBC news 24: seems that while we're paying ?billions for the War in Afghanistan, and our young soldiers are paying the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom of the Afghans - seems that "freedom" involves the ability to visit the black market in Kabul and book an illegal trip to the UK - the going rate being, ?4,800 from Kabul to Greece; then ?2,800 from Greece to Paris, then ?700 Paris to London - I guess that must cost a few poppies all round! :roll:

Obs all but one were heading for France

but even in your trusting little mind Kije, do you think they are going to stay in France or try and strap themselves to the bottom of a Eurostar for the trip to the land of milk and money?