Immigration?

observer

• 1 month later...

Despite a highly publicised surge or purge of "the Jungle" outside Calais - they're back, now living under bridges or in derelict buildings near the port. Meanwhile (according to Chris Hulne, a LibDem of all people!), NuLab have spent the Summer extending permanent "leave to stay" to immigrants, in order to massage the figures - seems they don't want folk to vote for them, or maybe they'll give the immigrants a vote?! :evil:

Who do you class as an immigrant, Black, Asian, Irish, Welsh, or any body not born here, Do we stop the Scots heading south to get work (English work) or the Irish coming over, or are they ok if there first language is English, as we have already proved the majority of immigration into this country is from the USA,Canada and Australia

British passport holders (or those qualified to hold one) are British (UK subjects) thus OK (whether they are pink, green, blue or orange: or pray to trees or are athiests). Those who do not qualify for a British passports are welcome as tourists or needed skilled workers on a finite visa (pre-booked intheir country of origin): anyone else, should be turned around at the front door - sorted. :shock:

Who do you class as an immigrant, Black, Asian, Irish, Welsh, or any body not born here, Do we stop the Scots heading south to get work (English work) or the Irish coming over, or are they ok if there first language is English, as we have already proved the majority of immigration into this country is from the USA,Canada and Australia

Are you sure you're not confusing immigrants with visitors. None of the statistics I've seen back up your statement. :?:?:?

Not according to a recent list in a newspaper. The largest contributer was China, followed by India then Eritrea, Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq.

The other day I walked through the bus station to see a man of African origin pushing a cart around cleaning up. A few hundred yards later near the market was a man of English appearance sat on the floor asking "got any spare change mate" in a Warrington accent.

Sums up why this country is going down the pan.

Kije, did you watch any of those border police programmes on Sky? The other nights episode reckoned that most of the illegals that try and stow away from Calais to the UK are now either Afghans or Vietnamese....

I found this link on the BBC website which trys to show where most of the "planned" immigration is from and based on the census of 2001 figures so maybe a little out of date. Of course this doesn't show where all the illegals are from!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/uk/05/born_abroad/countries/html/overview.stm

There was a news item on TV tonight, about assylum detention and it's affect on kids. I wondered what the problem was, and why they were being kept in detention rather than being deported to their home country or the next nearest safe country asap? It appears that "FAILED" assylum seekers are "encouraged" to return home, however, if they refuse, they are then housed indefinately in these detention hostels. Perhaps someone could explain why they can't be forcably taken to the next plane home, having failed in their bid for assylum? :twisted: Soft on immigration, soft on the courses of immigration. :roll:

Soft on the courses of Immigration :shock::shock:

The main course of immigration I would have thought would be those people without, trying to be the people with, are you avocating giving your wealth away Obs, after all the wealth of this Country is biult on the exploitain of Empire :wink:

Here's me thinking you were an I'm all right Jack kind of person :lol: