Immigration?

observer

I really can't see how you can compare some Iraqui or Afghan free loader turning up in the back of a truck at Dover, to a retired couple from the UK; selling up and moving to France or Spain.

I mean regardless of whether they have health insurance; the British government are liable for some of their care as they will have paid their NI for 50 years and be entitled to help. Just because they now live abroad is no barrier.

That is a benefit.....(lets see who spots any others though) of being in the EU; the right to retire where you want!! :lol:

Clearly Kyje has descended into desperation, comparing ex-pats with "illegals". :roll: Has as been said, most will have health insurance, but some retain a UK address and return home for expensive treatment, having paid NI for years. :? As Baz rightly says, the sunami of "economic refugees" that are currently invading Europe on the back of lorries or in boats, are strangely finding their way to the good old UK - for a free handout. :twisted:

Evidence?! :shock::? Don't you watch TV news? :? The camps at Calais and Patras, the bodies being washed up in the Canaries and Malta! :roll: Tis you who are in denial, and such denial (in typically liberal fashion), will result in ever greater problems in the future. :evil: NB: Over 40% of London's population are now from ethnic minorities (in some Boroughs, no doubt - now the majority.) :roll:

You have slipped up Obs :wink:

ethnic minorities

As was stated in the test most of our immigration comes from the States, Canada and Australia but they are white no metion of them in your post :shock: slight colour bias in that last post. Is this your true colours until now cleverly hidden slipping in :!::wink:

The problem is Sgt; you are totally alone if you think that having 40% of the capitals population from ethnic backgrounds is a good thing. You may take the LibDem route of praising diversity and championing the cause, but if as Obs says that some areas now have a majority of ethinic citizens; then that is worrying

It is worrying because if it can happen in one place; it can happen in others..... and when it starts to happen, you will see a surge in support for the BNP and far right partys because "ordinary" people get scared.

Getting scared doesn't make someone a racist. Wanting a curb on this happening doesn't make someone a racist. Ordinary people respond in the only "legal" way they can these days and that is how Griffin and the other bloke got elected; because ordinary people want a stop to this open door immigration.

You and your sort band about the "racist" word because it suits you to try and look like you are taking the moral high ground but the day will come in this country when the ordinary man in the street says enough is enough. Immigration over the years; from all countries, has added to this country but there comes a time when you can have too much of something and I think we passed that situation a few years back

Shut the doors and pull down the shutters methinks

Merely stating a fact Kyje; most US/Canadian immigrants are employed in the City in highly skilled/paid jobs (no excuse in my book however); but lower down the food chain you will get a progressive increase in benefit claimants, and "illegals" (who can't claim but don't pay NI or tax) as bottom feeders. :shock: And just a scientific point on the nature of human evolution - you don't get polar bears on the equator (unless they've been transported there to a zoo!) :wink:

The problem is Sgt; you are totally alone if you think that having 40% of the capitals population from ethnic backgrounds is a good thing

I think you will find I did not say I thought it was a good thing Baz, I never expressed an opinion on that :!:

OK,

maybe I misquoted you.... what about the next bit of my post...... Why call everyone a racist just because they express a concern about immigration?

It is the way of the liberal and nambys to do that isn't it? Call someone a racist rather than listen to their concerns?

We already know that most immigration into this country comes from Canada, America and Australia, My post was a direct reply to Observers post nothing more as he only seemed concerned about people from a different ethnic back ground ie different colour.

And just a scientific point on the nature of human evolution - you don't get polar bears on the equator

So Obs are you saying that the White people in the US and Canada and Australia should not be there either. People of a different colour skin were there first, evolution must have put them there for a reason

:wink:

The science of ethnicity and evolution, is fairly simple: nature, through evolution, designs animals to suit their enviroment. In the case of humans, added melanine allows protection from the sun, thus the closer to the equator, the blacker the skin - so theoretically, we're all designed to operate an a latitudenal basis. It's estimated that, to change such features in order to adapt to a different latitude takes about 20,000 years of evolution. However, humans are the only animals that can alter and adapt to their enviroment through clothing, shelter and heating - thus we have spread to every corner of the earth. Now theoretically, the arguement would support everyone staying at their appropriate latitude - however, historical migrations have distorted and confounded such an idea, so we must accept the current reality, and wait 20,000 years or for inter-breeding to sort things out! :? Now, a completely different arguement, is the rational control of National demographics and over-population, by controlling current migrations which are economically motivated. :roll:

• 1 month later...

Seems the Brussels EU beaurocrats have taken pity on all those unfortunates trying to get to Europe from Africa in flimsy boats; so they're encouraging Member States to increase their quotas of assylum seeking immigrants - wonder where they'll head for, once they get into Europe? :?:shock::twisted: