Facebook Page

Bazj

tracy I think your lost ? u need to go back and check where you are the group is up running and open people are posting pics and comments are you in the right area ?

Yes it appears the WPWB FB group has indeed been opened up again to new comments and uploads Roofer. Did that happen yesterday then as it wasn't like that last time I looked and there are a couple of new photos on you are right. 

As for people copying photo's well I'm sure they do but from my experience on the wpwb site most people ASKED me if it was ok to share some of the pics I'd put on there. Nice bunch of people and I wouldn't imagine most of them would ever sit there uploading someone elses photo's onto to a different site or that one pretending they were theirs.

It's up to each individual whether they delete their own photo's or info from any group page or website etc etc so stop moaning and trying to make it sound like you are just going to put them all back if they get deleted from your FB group page.

By the way Roofer isn't it about time you came clean with people on here before this gets to page 9 and goes on and on and on zzzzzzz

I'm getting bored stiff of reading about it all now !! 

Thanks for the updated info Dizz, this is what happens when you stop checking a fb page regularly  :rolleyes:

Definition of sock puppeting from wikipedia; "A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term—a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock—originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an internet community who spoke to, or about, himself while pretending to be another person.[1] The term now includes other misleading uses of online identities, such as those created to praise, defend or support a person or organization,[2] or to circumvent a suspension or ban from a website. A significant difference between the use of a pseudonym[3] and the creation of a sockpuppet is that the sockpuppet poses as an independent third-party unaffiliated with the puppeteer. Many online communities attempt to block sockpuppets."

• Upvote 1

its also up to another user to copy yours or any 1s  photo to  f/b  if they choose algy you wont stop that if you delete them or not ,& I didn't say don't I said childish ! and I am from Warrington not far from you as it happens, so I wont be disappearing  sorry im here to stay   im entitled to have my say like any 1 else speech is still free in this country and looking at all the comments on here and f/b groups I can now see why changes are being made

Off course you are entitled to your say FB it doesn't mean to say anyone is going to take any notice of you though or respect your biased opinion, and yes of course anyone can copy photos, that was not my concern, I was more than happy to display photos on WPWB in it's original concept and I was more than happy with ALL the individuals that I came across, however with almost one fell swoop the site, regarding uploading photos changed, that made me very uneasy, the rest is history. Regarding your staying here again not a problem for me, I,m just surprised that a true Warringtonian would slag his townspeople off, have a go at an individual by all means but don't generalise, get to know folk before you make judgements, the people on this forum in general are a nice helpful bunch.

Come out of the closet FR and admit your are a 'sockpuppet' as Tracey so eloquently put it.

tracy I think your lost ?  u need to go back and check where you are the group is up  running and open  people are posting  pics  and comments are you in the right area ? Sheila are you on about warrington schools photos & people  or wpwb there are 2 groups 1 for places  the other for people this is why I agree with the new site every idiot with a photo or 2 opens a group of f/b trying to copy whats already there  far to many if you ask me that's why ever 1 is mixed up and confused instead  of asking they go on the offence like the small minority on here all the name calling is childish

Bits in bold are Ironic  :| 

what is it with you people  ? ,sock monkey haha I do like, I thought it was a glove puppet  if that's what you say I am then that's your choice   you make a point I answer then you don't like what I say  and start with the silly names , half of you don't even know how to use a computer by the look of things you just sit here calling people you don't even know , im from warrington yes and very proud of it im not slagging any one off ? think its quite the opposite , I have an opinion & im sticking to it , when I went to school many moons ago the teacher always said to the class you cant teach idiots , I cant sit here all day  arguing I have a job to do unfortunately , still think you are wrong on a lot of points but hey ho :|

Who are the idiots to whom you refer, RF?

I admit that I didn't know the definition of Sock Puppet but having read it, I feel that's and indication that people are starting to think that you are very connected to the FB groups and the new website.

I don't understand how you can find such a small amount of people so threatening.

The FB site is definately feeling threatened.  In fact, one of their admins, Steve Longmore, joined Warrington Memories the other day.  He hasn't posted yet and he may yet make a contribution to it, or maybe he is just monitoring the opposition.  Time will tell.

I have been using the Internet for over 20 years now, so I've got a bit of an idea of how to get around.

I'm also qualified in web design and many other aspects of computing.  Don't hesitate to ask if you need some tips for your website :)

yes I did algy left me in a wheelchair unfortunately :cry:

Flying Roofer, I credit you with sufficient good taste that you would not make light of such a situation, so I assume that it is is true and the please accept my profound apology for such a tasteless remark under the circumstances that you have described.

Stevie boy, no secrets on the net, eh! :roll:

Right... I think that's enough now don't you think as some of the comments are getting too personal not to mention the whole topic is becoming booooring.

Flying Roofer... If you did actually fall off a roof then I trust you will accept Algy's apology and nothing more will be said about that and I'm sure there was no malice meant by any of the other comments made on here either.

As for people on here being 'idiots' and 'half of them not knowing how to use computers' well as you've not been on here for very long or read much else on the forum in all the years most have been on so I guess you wont really know much about them, their interests, skills or backgrounds etc.  You might be surprised as the forum is not made up of a thick group of button pressers you know...saying that there is always... no best not name anyone  :lol:  

Like you everyone is entitled to their views and opinions however the difference is they are not pretending to be something they aren't in quite the same way as perhaps you have been doing.  That could be why you have got so much stick as having just read through the latest batch of replies I think the jist of what has been going on was sussed ages ago and it really is time to draw a line now before it all gets really out of hand.

Where did the other one ie culdedude vanish to by the way ?

I notice that the same term of calling people 'idiots' and similar was used by admin on your own facebook group page too a number of times when you referred to people not liking the changes or questioning your move.   Habit maybe ?  Not nice though and must alienate people a little. 

Anyway, enough said and here's hoping that's the end of it all and everyone can be happy little bunnies again posting and chatting where ever and whenever they choose to. 

Roofer, I'm sure you will be made very welcome if you venture out of this one specific topic and post on some of the others on here as you do seem to have a sense of humour and can fight a good battle and stand your ground.  Jokes section is good and could do with some new ones but wouldn't recomend the immigration ones as then go on even longer than this one has  8)   

The History section and Photo's one is my favourite though... well the latter was until this topic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hands up, Dizzy, I was onto it from the first post FR made.  I knew it was someone closely involved with the FB group.

I won't name who I think it is but I recognised the writing style.

Apologies, Dizzy, when reading this post, I inadvertently clicked the red arrow.  It would be great if you could cancel it, please? 

All this has made me realise that this town needs an official treasury to be established to act as caretakers of our pictorial history.  I take many photos of this town and would love there to be a trustworthy place to share and store them for future generations.  I haven't had chance to meet with the Culture Warrington contact I have been pointed towards regarding this but I hope to arrange it for next week and will let you know how things went. 

The History section and Photo's one is my favourite though... well the latter was until this topic.

I get moaned at for barking on about the EU and then when I start a topic about something I felt passionately about, I get slated for that too......

I'll get me coat!

All this has made me realise that this town needs an official treasury to be established to act as caretakers of our pictorial history.  I take many photos of this town and would love there to be a trustworthy place to share and store them for future generations.  I haven't had chance to meet with the Culture Warrington contact I have been pointed towards regarding this but I hope to arrange it for next week and will let you know how things went. 

Warrington Library already house a vast amount of older pics.  They have them in printed form.

I agree, people should think about placing them in official care, so that future generations can benefit from them.

Warrington Library already house a vast amount of older pics.  They have them in printed form.

I agree, people should think about placing them in official care, so that future generations can benefit from them.

They also would probably love some volunteers to help scan and catalogue all the old prints to get them online for folk to see and share.  I already put forward Dizzy and Algy, Sheila, should I add you lol......