Facebook Page

Bazj

Doesn't work Sheila!, it seems that the only way I can delete the photos is to cancel my FB account and stay of for I think 21 days then everything is deleted along with my account, which ever way I turn with FB I seem to hit a brick wall, the audio on the MSC locos I obtained from a free music site that supposedly provides copyright free material, FB have decided that the the music I have used 'may' infringe copyright laws and have removed the video and issued me with a yellow card, yet You Tube who are normally very keen on the use of copyright material have allowed the video to stay on site. So once again I shall have to delet my FB account and wait for it to clear but to be honest the whole venture is too much hassle. :wacko:

Algy.... did you try doing it this way that Tracey posted ?

OK, found how to do it. Go to your own page and click on activity log. Down the left hand side is a list saying 'photos, likes comments, more', click on 'more'. This opens up a larger menu, click on 'group', this will give you a list of everything you've posted on any 'group' pages. Find the post/photo you want to delete, click on the pencil icon and a delete button appears. click this and your post will disappear. 

I found a couple of mine that way that I didn't want on there anymore as someone had kindly given them to me to I felt unsure about them staying on and mine seem to have completely gone.

Algy... DON'T YOU DARE delete your facebook account again !!  You shouldn't have to and don't have to and like Shiela says if you can't do it yourself then the Admin bods will be able too do it for you.

Or you could give me or Tracey your FB password ... hey imagine how much fun we could have :lol:  :lol:

Dizz, Trace and Sheila, thanks for your support in removing my photos from WPWB, Dizz it's a good thing that you posted the advice from Tracey as I would never have removed them, the only ones that appear to remain on there are a couple of dozen that KeithB has 'borrowed', I have made a note of which ones they are though, however they were on there prior to me joining the site, I have checked back a couple of times now and all the photos I have posted seem to have gone, I really would appreciate if one of you would check that I am correct. It did keep me busy for a couple of hours last night and an hour this morning

Thanks, algy.

I'm glad you are sorted out, Algy  :lol: 

Tracey, they can't really afford to lose many members from the group, if they are trying to launch a website and gain revenue from it.  They way they have gone about it is bonkers, though.  

I was banned because I voiced a lack of confidence in the ability of one of the admins to employ the discretion needed when dealing with people.

Sheila there are 3 admins on the group did you ask them all ? or was that a guess for the reason you were removed have you asked any of the admins   y , there seems to be a very small minority on here that have some silly problems that seem pretty childish to me surely you realise that all the pics are just copied by other users so deleting them is just pathetic  they will only reappear at a later date posted by another user who is in all the groups, so all this im deleting my stuff ? pathetic  this is getting playground stuff if u ask me don't why every 1 cant  just  get on its other warrington people who will loose out not the admins , ive been on both site and group over the w,end  and things are running smoothly people are posting and comments are coming thru as normal  as are comments on the new photos , get a grip people you cant beat over 5000 users who are happy no matter how much you slate the admins of a well known group who have  done  a pretty good job so far  , :|

Deleting what you have uploaded is up to the individual to decide whether they should be deleted or not, if I upload to a site then it is my decision to leave them there or to remove them, not to have some jumped up prat to tell me what I can do with them. FR if you don't find us 'Warrington' people to your liking then why don't you disappear into the wild blue yonder and harass  someone on another towns forum where your invaluable advice may be appreciated!!!.

Pure guess on my behalf, FR because my behaviour on FB has been exemplary.  I haven't asked any of the admins, I don't feel the need to.

You seem to be missing the point that people are exercising their free will in removing pictures they have posted.

The 'playground stuff' started with the aggressive manner in which one of the members of this forum was being treated.

My reason for removing pics was simply this.  I had no idea if my pics would be taken and copied/moved to the new site and that is something that I didn't want to happen. 

its also up to another user to copy yours or any 1s  photo to  f/b  if they choose algy you wont stop that if you delete them or not ,& I didn't say don't I said childish ! and I am from Warrington not far from you as it happens, so I wont be disappearing  sorry im here to stay   im entitled to have my say like any 1 else speech is still free in this country and looking at all the comments on here and f/b groups I can now see why changes are being made

Sheila id msg an admin just to find out  why u were removed there are 3 on there, I know u say you are not bothered but   at least you would know the truth, it may be an error  but you  cant stop pics being copied to f/b they own any pic that gets posted  , if any user sees a photo on any site they get copied and pasted , soon all those groups will intermingle an people wont know where they are , 1 good reason to put into one  place I think

you cant beat over 5000 users who are happy no matter how much you slate the admins of a well known group who have  done  a pretty good job so far  , :|

But you haven't got 5,000 happy users on your page have you Roofer? You have 5,000 likes on a redundant fb page that no-one can use. The only recent comments are from people who are unhappy that they can't post. How many active users have you got on photomag? Not 5,000 or anything like it, probably nowhere near even triple figures. 

What you've failed to grasp is that an internet audience is a tricksy thing, people's habits are entrenched and you can't simply cosh them into moving to where you want them. WPWB was a success because of the reach of FB, without the reach it's just another blog. 

Sheila id msg an admin just to find out  why u were removed there are 3 on there, I know u say you are not bothered but   at least you would know the truth, it may be an error  but you  cant stop pics being copied to f/b they own any pic that gets posted  , if any user sees a photo on any site they get copied and pasted , soon all those groups will intermingle an people wont know where they are , 1 good reason to put into one  place I think

Thanks for your concern, Roofer, I appreciate it but I am *really* not bothered.  As you say, it may be an error but one of the admins monitors this thread, so if it had been, I'm sure it would have been rectified.

The pics that I put on were put on for a purpose, so that people in them could copy if they so wished.

What I'm trying to explain is that I didn't want my pictures to be copied to a commercial website, which will not have the community feel that the Warrington ones had and could potentially end up being used for commercial gain.

its also up to another user to copy yours or any 1s  photo to  f/b  if they choose algy you wont stop that if you delete them or not ,& I didn't say don't I said childish ! and I am from Warrington not far from you as it happens, so I wont be disappearing  sorry im here to stay   im entitled to have my say like any 1 else speech is still free in this country and looking at all the comments on here and f/b groups I can now see why changes are being made

Roofer,  someone exercising their freedom of speech is exactly what started this whole thread off, so I couldn't agree with you more on that.

The 'changes' were made without any discussion and before this thread existed, so I can't agree with that part of your argument.

tracy I think your lost ?  u need to go back and check where you are the group is up  running and open  people are posting  pics  and comments are you in the right area ? Sheila are you on about warrington schools photos & people  or wpwb there are 2 groups 1 for places  the other for people this is why I agree with the new site every idiot with a photo or 2 opens a group of f/b trying to copy whats already there  far to many if you ask me that's why ever 1 is mixed up and confused instead  of asking they go on the offence like the small minority on here all the name calling is childish

The pics I removed were from the 'people' group.  I seem to be banned from that one, too.  Just an oversight, I'm sure :wink:

You seem to have a very in depth knowledge of the admins and how the groups operate behind the scenes.  You aren't the third moderator, are you? :).  I only ever knew of one and then there were two.  Had no idea there was a third one.

Fair play, if you agree with the new site.  That is your prerogative but people can't be forced to join it, which is virtually what was happening.  

From my point of view, I went on the defensive as a result of the treatment of Algy.