Facebook Page

Bazj

OK, found how to do it. Go to your own page and click on activity log. Down the left hand side is a list saying 'photos, likes comments, more', click on 'more'. This opens up a larger menu, click on 'group', this will give you a list of everything you've posted on any 'group' pages. Find the post/photo you want to delete, click on the pencil icon and a delete button appears. click this and your post will disappear. 

im new on here and from what I have read seems that  a few people are giving bad comments about the facebook photos page , I have been in that group a while and seen both good and bad comments about the admin that run it to be fair I think they do an excellent job , profit  is mentioned on here yet they don't get a penny of the group that's been going ages ,so how does that work ?

advertising on a website makes peanuts compared to the cost of running a website so no gain there , age was mentioned ? over half the people on that group are old people that's the point of the group isn't it im an old person im not ashamed to say it , I also know a lot of older people who cant  even use a computer outside of f/b that  may be the  problem (change) there is nothing wrong with the group I think they do a good job and the new site, I wish them luck there will always be some 1 to moan about something a lot of comments on here look to be from people who are jealous that's my view

im new on here and from what I have read seems that  a few people are giving bad comments about the facebook photos page , I have been in that group a while and seen both good and bad comments about the admin that run it to be fair I think they do an excellent job , profit  is mentioned on here yet they don't get a penny of the group that's been going ages ,so how does that work ?

advertising on a website makes peanuts compared to the cost of running a website so no gain there , age was mentioned ? over half the people on that group are old people that's the point of the group isn't it im an old person im not ashamed to say it , I also know a lot of older people who cant  even use a computer outside of f/b that  may be the  problem (change) there is nothing wrong with the group I think they do a good job and the new site, I wish them luck there will always be some 1 to moan about something a lot of comments on here look to be from people who are jealous that's my view

Hi and welcome to the forum Flying roofer.

Interesting first post and I'm gobsmacked that you say 'oldies' can use facebook.  I there no end to their talents :lol:

Welcome Flying Roofer, I think you may be a tad confused about the 'Warrington Photos, Warrington Born Site' that had been set up on Facebook which everyone appeared to be enthralled with and the new site which has nothing to do with FB called Warrington Photomag, this is the site that people have had concerns about, if the gentleman had explained his financial reasoning when he set the WP site up and perhaps introduced a transition period where WPWB (FB) members could have got used to the introduction of the new site instead of going at it like a 'Bull in a China Shop' the new Warrington Photomag site may have been more readily accepted. Regarding people being jealous, what is there to be jealous about?.

• Upvote 1

Totally agree with you on the age point flying roofer (I'm 41 so think I still count as young!) It was the derogatory comments made regarding age by the photomag founder I thought were particularly out of order, along with the sneering at people who had technical problems with the new site as "people with no life outside facebook". Not nice. 

I've been watching this topic over the last few days and it's interesting to watch how things can spiral out of control very easily.

I would like to apologise if I have offended or upset anyone on this thread, please believe me when I say that was never my intention.

PJ. I agree with you and regarding the "bad form" remark, I should not have disclosed a private email on a public forum.

My reason, and this is by no means an excuse, is because I considered the post prior to my email disclosure insinuated that I was bullying someone.

As we are all aware, being labelled a bully can have serious repercussions and I felt the need to nip this in the bud immediately.

Again, I meant no offence and I apologise if any was taken.

My first 2 posts on this thread were my frustrations regarding all the negativity directed at my well intentioned project, not just from this page but also from Facebook and emails.

My inbox was inundated with comments both good and bad, the bad were quite offensive and I eventually showed my frustration on these pages.

PJ. I also agree with your suggestion that the custodian for all the Warrington photographs and scans from books should be a not for profit organisation.

My intention was never to profit from this project, in fact I was (and still am) pretty sure that I would personally need to subsidise the whole thing for many years, something that I was happily prepared to do.

If I was approached by a reputable organisation in the future, I would quite happily "hand over the keys" to the whole project.

Algy, I note your recent comment regarding my "bull in a china shop" approach. Guess what, I am a Taurus :wink:

I sincerely hope my above comments are received as well as they are intended and please note I won't be commenting any further on this thread.

Enjoy your discussion and if you have any queries, please direct them through the new website and not my business which was disclosed earlier in this thread. Those contact details will be received by the studio staff and not me personally.

I am new to this thread, so please excuse me if this has been stated earlier and I've missed it!

Photos/scans/docs submitted to Facebook tend to end up being automatically compressed to very low quality. So I always doubted that an image could be taken and used "for profit" from a Facebook page when they appear.

But, to safeguard the use of submitted material, resize your photos/scans down to something like 70Kb (saving your original at full file size of course).

Submitted photos will be fine to view on screen at this resolution, but anyone wanting to download and print or use it somewhere else for their own purposes will find the quality doesn't really lend itself to that. 

As for the Warr Photos Warr Born group, I stopped putting anything on that a long time ago, as it was at the time being filled with adverts and personal chat!   I don't know, it may have changed recently, but I can't be bothered with it now.

Culedude I did not state or insinuate that you were bullying anyone let alone me, if you had been, take it from me you would have received 'both barrels', my reply to Tracey "Not to worry Tracey, I can stand my corner and won't be bullied" was one of a  a general nature and specifically directed at you, as mos t folk on here would tell you, generally speaking I am pretty well behaved on this forum but when needled I very quickly rise to the bait and can stand my corner with anyone and that is what I was saying to Tracey.

One or two comments on this forum were made about the email being displayed on here and the age 74 comment, neither bothered me in the least.

Regarding my initial fears that photos uploaded to WPhotomag would be used for commercial gain, I now accept and am very pleased to say that they will not be used for that purpose.

I still maintain Culedude that the introduction of the new site could have been handled with much better communication skills and perhaps if it had been there would have been many photos of Old Warrington displayed on the site, and involving less hastle for everyone involved and I probably would not be typing this reply now!.

well I hope that's cleared a few points up, middle I like your comments and agree , adverts were spoiling the page but the admins seem to have ironed that out they do a great job and don't get paid,  all this talk of making money from poor quality pics ? great point its just not going to make money as some people think ,do they know how much a website costs to run ? those people are stuck in f/b & don't know how the www works  the coolfellas doing a great job with the new page no silly adverts  like on f/b great  keep it to Warringtonians  its not easy when you get everyone moaning about this and that , back seat drivers are no help what so ever they just spoil things for others instead of keeping things to themselves or private e,mails , I don't know why they moan about good things for Warrington,  clearly just sat in front of a pc all day with nothing better to do ,cooldude crack on  !take no notice , of  these so called do gooders im staying with both f/b and photomag  which looks very promising  I can see it doing great not keen on f/b at all I wish you well coolman   

This thread has at times been more heated & vitriolic than the political threads about the state of the country & our European neighbours !  :lol:

Aye! but the storm has passed, the air is clear and the water on the millpond is calm now, till' the next one blows up!. :D:wink:

im sure it will its what keeps us going, some 1 has to be in charge & make decisions others won.t like its the way of the world !

Lools like your going to fit in well here FR how's your knowledge of politics and immigration if you fancy your chances catch the lift up to the top few floors of the Forum building they could do with some new blood up there. :D:wink:

Culedude, I never inferred you were trying to profit from your site, but in my opinion, for what its worth, we should have an official umbrella organisation to take charge and give direction to the willing and keen contributors of the images of our towns past and indeed its present which will become the new history soon enough.  The Culture Warrington Trust would be ideal and after an initial meeting the idea of a civic depositary for images was really warmly received.  A second meeting with the most relevant person to take this forward has been arranged and I am hoping for a happy outcome.  I would personally love to have an official site that I could upload to, catalogue and share my favourite images taken of my town and imagine there would be many more likeminded folk given the popularity of the facebook site we are discussing. 

In the meantime Culedude, as you seem willing to "hand over the keys" why not ask for a volunteer to admin the former Facebook site independently of the new Webpage as I imagine the workload of running 2 sites may be excessive, and let the 2 run together?   it may be a way to please everyone all at the same time and keep the relevant contributors interested long enough for something more permanent to become established.  Just a thought.

I bet you never envisioned the amount of kerfuffle this was going to cause :wink:  :wink:  8)  8)

• Upvote 1