Facebook Page

Bazj

Ah, OK.  I'll read back.

As you commented, Tracey, the groups were very quiet before Algy posted all his pics, so maby they were naturally 'falling asleep'. As with all Facebook groups, I think people get the best of them not long after they are first formed.

I'm sure I will live without them :)

well I hope that's cleared a few points up, middle I like your comments and agree , adverts were spoiling the page but the admins seem to have ironed that out they do a great job and don't get paid,  all this talk of making money from poor quality pics ? great point its just not going to make money as some people think ,do they know how much a website costs to run ? those people are stuck in f/b & don't know how the www works  the coolfellas doing a great job with the new page no silly adverts  like on f/b great  keep it to Warringtonians  its not easy when you get everyone moaning about this and that , back seat drivers are no help what so ever they just spoil things for others instead of keeping things to themselves or private e,mails , I don't know why they moan about good things for Warrington,  clearly just sat in front of a pc all day with nothing better to do ,cooldude crack on  !take no notice , of  these so called do gooders im staying with both f/b and photomag  which looks very promising  I can see it doing great not keen on f/b at all I wish you well coolman   

OK, I've done my 'back reading', to come up to speed with things on here.

Roofer, I admire your loyalty to the Facebook page.  I too looked in on it for a long time.

As far as I am concerned, Steve Longmore did a sterling job on the page, as did so many members in investing their time in scanning and adding their pics to the FB page.

However, the move to a website from the Facebook page was made without any discussion among people on the group and that's where I feel that this has all fallen down.  A page with a lovely community feel suddenly seemed to have been turned into a dictatorship.  Had the idea been mooted and the page members agreed, there would have been no dissent, or upset from anyone.

Suddenly, Tonly Longmore seems to have appeared and his approach is rather abrasive.  I can hardly believe that the two are brothers.  I am assuming that Culedood is, in fact, Tony Longmore.

I think it's pretty unfair to assume that people aren't happy to move from the page to the website because they aren't au fait with the web.  In fact, that is pretty insulting to older people.

I hope you continue to enjoy both the FB page and also the website.  I'm astounded that the site will cost £200 a year to support, I didn't realise that storage space was so costly.

• Upvote 2

if you get banned from a group you cant find that group  in the search bar ,I have no clue Sheila p if u have upset the admins on f/b, I  got banned from a group and when they ban you ,you cant see the group in the  search bar  its the only reason for not finding the page , I re joined in a different name alls well then ?

if you get banned from a group you cant find tha it in the search bar ,I have no clue Sheila p , t just I got banned from a group and when they ban you ,you cant see the group in search bar I don't know if you have upset the admin or not ? its the only reason for not finding the page , I re joined in a different name alls well then ?

Thank you for your reply, Roofer.  I appreciate it :)

If I've been banned, I've been banned.  I have no idea why, though.  I have never had any interaction with the Admins on there, that I can recall and my behaviour has been exemplary, even though I do say so myself.

I won't bother joining under another name, my only interest was in the 'people' group really and many of the people on there are personal friends anyway. 

The way the newer admin has been behaving lately, I was losing interest anyway. 

Thank you for your reply and concern :)

If only you could talk to the admins direct, hey?

Haha, I can't because I seem to have been removed from the groups.

I wouldn't really be interested anyway, Tracey.  A once lovely site has taken a terrible nosedive.

I really can't understand what can be gained from all of this.

Thanks for your concern, Roofer but I just really can't be bothered.  I have lots of interests to keep me out of mischief.

If anyone upsets me, I let them know about it - out of respect, in case I have misinterpreted anything they have said, or if they have misinterpreted anything I may have said.

However, I have had no interaction with either of the Longmore brothers on Facebook, that I know of.  Until this week, I have only noticed one of them and he seemed to be doing a good admin job.

Thanks for your suggestion, though :wink:

I got banned from "buy it sell it swap it Warrington" because I made a "Tasteless" joke about the site being run by all women.... I was told they have male admin staff.... I still doubt that somehow as a man would have appreciated the joke! :)