What's going on?

observer

A young girl allegedly kills herself, cos she's being "bullied" on a social website. Rather than being kept "in house" and resolved by a bit of parental intervention, this makes the national news, with the usual talk of bans etc.  If the roads full of speeding traffic, if the sea is full of sharks, if the jungle is full of snakes - JUST DON'T GO THERE.  Now as if this wasn't enough, her sister is now complaining after returning to the same site. 

Obs unfortunately these youngster have a different outlook on life and even though they being virually abused they don't seem to comprehend that not participating in Twitter, facebook etc it will stop if they dont reply or respond, they are drawn back thinking that it is still going on behind their back and must see the nasty posts and remarks, sad isn't it.

I think the kids of today are a lot more savvy than the parents when it comes to social media and I reckon that any attempt to try and restrict them from using their favorite site is only going to make them even more determined and further alienate the parents. There's one bad apple in every barrel so your never ever going to be 100% guaranteed that bullying wont happen whether it be on-line, on text or in real life. I think the only real solution to this is for parents to try and understand their kids better and to try and explain to them why the oddballs do what they do. 

Bill :)

• Upvote 1

I think the kids of today are a lot more savvy than the parents when it comes to social media and I reckon that any attempt to try and restrict them from using their favorite site is only going to make them even more determined and further alienate the parents. There's one bad apple in every barrel so your never ever going to be 100% guaranteed that bullying wont happen whether it be on-line, on text or in real life. I think the only real solution to this is for parents to try and understand their kids better and to try and explain to them why the oddballs do what they do. 

Bill :)

and right on cue.............

If stupid teenagers get bullied on a site, but keep going back for more - what can you say.
  • Upvote 3