Capital Punishment???? Oh yes please.....

Bazj

Read the following and then tell me why we shouldn't have the death penalty in this country.....

"The High Court has overturned an order granting anonymity to a notorious prisoner who brutally murdered three children in 1973.

The convict, who was dubbed the "Monster of Worcester", can now be publicly revealed as David McGreavy, who impaled the bodies of his victims on spiked garden railings.

McGreavy, 62, was jailed for life in 1973 for the "exceptionally horrific crimes", which he committed while babysitting at a house in Gillam Street, Worcester.

Paul Ralph, four, was strangled while his two-year-old sister Dawn was found with her throat cut. Their nine-month-old sister Samantha died from a compound fracture to the skull.

McGreavy - who was lodging with the children's parents at the time - is one of the country's most notorious and longest-serving prisoners.

The gagging order was made in response to fears that the killer's own life was in danger."

http://news.sky.com/story/1094191/worcester-child-killer-named-as-david-mcgreavy

So on a pure cost basis ,a length of rope would have been cheaper than keeping this man's anonymity in tact. Is this bloke dead now or has the governments  anonymity  agreement with him been withdrawn  in order to make him fair game for any one who wants to have a go at him.

Unfortunately they weren't too accurate today they only put those two murdering terrorist who hacked a serving soldier to death in Woolwich, everything was videoed with many witnesses, why the need for a costly trial, torture as much information out of them as possible then what's left give to the soldiers mates to do as  they will with them, . :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

For those that read this previously, yes I have censored my original post.

So on a pure cost basis ,a length of rope would have been cheaper than keeping this man's anonymity in tact. Is this bloke dead now or has the governments  anonymity  agreement with him been withdrawn  in order to make him fair game for any one who wants to have a go at him.

He's still alive, still in prison and turned 60 now.

No luvvies on here as yet to defend the rights of the individual detailed above?.....

Dunno, do we have any regular posters who are thespians?

sex has nothing to do with it.....

but with that crazed one-eyed thicko Manc admitting to now murdering 4 people and those two Muslims in London yesterday butchering a man in the street; I think we need the death penalty now more than we ever did...... The country has gone bloody crazy

.Read the following and then tell me why we shouldn't have the death penalty in this country.....

"The High Court has overturned an order granting anonymity to a notorious prisoner who brutally murdered three children in 1973.

The convict, who was dubbed the "Monster of Worcester", can now be publicly revealed as David McGreavy, who impaled the bodies of his victims on spiked garden railings.

McGreavy, 62, was jailed for life in 1973 for the "exceptionally horrific crimes", which he committed while babysitting at a house in Gillam Street, Worcester.

Paul Ralph, four, was strangled while his two-year-old sister Dawn was found with her throat cut. Their nine-month-old sister Samantha died from a compound fracture to the skull.

McGreavy - who was lodging with the children's parents at the time - is one of the country's most notorious and longest-serving prisoners.

The gagging order was made in response to fears that the killer's own life was in danger."

http://news.sky.com/story/1094191/worcester-child-killer-named-as-david-mcgreavy

I had the misfortune to see the crime scene photographs, babies impaled on railings - truly horrifying. Even after thirty years the image is burnt into my memory.

However I still do not believe that the state has the right to kill criminals. I find the notion of capital punishment morally offensive. 

I find it offensive both on a secular level and also against my personal religious beliefs that see human life as sacred.

The deliberate killing of one human being by the state is not justified by that person's taking of life.

Society should be better than its worst members - not sink to their level.

On seeing those awful photographs one of the things that struck me was that surely whoever carried out those acts could not possibly be sane.

I accept that there is little point in engaging with you any further in a discussion on this Baz, so I shall try and resist the urge to make any further comments on this thread.

- Obs - I know that as far as you are concerned everything is the fault of immigrants and Europe - this case predates the ECHR .

I had the misfortune to see the crime scene photographs, babies impaled on railings - truly horrifying. Even after thirty years the image is burnt into my memory.

However I still do not believe that the state has the right to kill criminals. I find the notion of capital punishment morally offensive. 

I find it offensive both on a secular level and also against my personal religious beliefs that see human life as sacred.

The deliberate killing of one human being by the state is not justified by that person's taking of life.

Society should be better than its worst members - not sink to their level.

On seeing those awful photographs one of the things that struck me was that surely whoever carried out those acts could not possibly be sane.

I accept that there is little point in engaging with you any further in a discussion on this Baz, so I shall try and resist the urge to make any further comments on this thread.

- Obs - I know that as far as you are concerned everything is the fault of immigrants and Europe - this case predates the ECHR .

Nick, I'm sure having access to crime scene photos is a very harrowing thing to have to endure; especially involving children and I would not have wanted to be in your place for that..

.... whether that was part of a jury or as a professional role I won't ask of course, I was actually in the middle of a murder crime scene which is another thing altogether and not something I would wish on anyone... so we both have first hand knowledge when it comes to the aftermath of crazy people - for want of a better phrase

you are entitled to your views and beliefs as are anyone else, but to base your opinions on capital punishment solely on religious bias makes that not your decision but a decision based on indoctrination and mumbo jumbo.

Religion and the way some people interpret what they are taught by religious clerics and teachers varies wildly.

I was brought up as a protestant as were my parents. We were all taught and eye for an eye etc.... and that is how I have always interpreted the religious teachings I was given. You are obviously a religious man (I am no longer) and yet you take things as a complete opposite... it is no different to the way the killers yesterday interpret the way they are taught about islam and feel the need to go out and kill and yet my little old muslim neighbour next door does not..... sanity is irrelevant in cases like that in my opinion and anyone who takes a life; deserves to forfeit their life in punishment for their crime; regardless of their motives, beliefs or state of mind

but of course; there is no easy answer....

you are entitled to your views and beliefs as are anyone else, but to base your opinions on capital punishment solely on religious bias makes that not your decision but a decision based on indoctrination and mumbo jumbo.

As I said - not just religious but also what I see as a secular morality.

Nick - access to the ECHR applies to ALL UK prison inmates, and doesn't need to apply to the original conviction case. If this freak is being bullied by other inmates for example or wants a vote; he can take the ECHR route, like the rest of them.

Nick as far as I am aware there are only two options regarding capital punishment you are either for it or against it, no grey areas, I cast my vote for it, you obviously cast yours against it so I can't see the point in debating it with you as neither one of us will be persuaded to alter our points of view. The only consession I would make is that I am against hanging, I believe it to be both outdated and barbaric, I would much prefer convicted murderers to be given a lethal injection.

The death penalty might be seen as a deterrent to a lot of people who are contemptuous of the law, but at the moment we have nothing. The MPs are useless because they never get touched by crime except fiddling expenses.

Is human life any more valuable than an animals? I do wonder.

Has the death penalty worked in the USA, simple answer is no, so why do you want it hear, it a step backwards, for some it's a step backwards to the GOOD OLD DAYS, where everyone was decent, and their was no sex crime, oh hang on a minute their was, so perhaps their was no good old days it is just a state of mind.

Has the death penalty worked in the USA, simple answer is no, so why do you want it hear,

what has America got to do with anything? When we last had the death penalty for murder; we never had someone get out of prison after 10 years of a "life" sentence and then go out and kill again did we?