Capital Punishment???? Oh yes please.....

Bazj

fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. The one who has inflicted the injury must suffer the same injury. Leviticus 24:20

But that is in the old testament.

The new testament (on which chrisianity is based) says,

You have heard that it has been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say to you, that you resist not evil: but whoever shall smite you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue you at the law, and take away your coat, let him have your cloak also. Mathew 5:39

Appears that an increasing number of States in the US are considering abolishing capital punishment in favour of life imprisonment, not on principle but out of financial necessity. Apparently "It's 10 times more expensive to kill them than to keep them alive",

• Upvote 1

So the cost is due to the prolonged torture of waiting for years on "death row"; rather than the execution itself.?

Amongst loads of other things that, as I said, I can't be bothered posting. You only have to Google 'which is the most expensive, execution or life imprisonment?' and it comes up with reams of information why life is cheaper than death. Lets face it, if cost is a factor then it's understandable why US states are banning the death penalty.

well we already have the costs, the appeals, the appeals, the appeals and the appeals..... so whatever we do would be a cost saving surely!!!

As for religion, it matters not a jot whether the religion was based on this book or that book or like all religions; pure fantasy, leaving scum in prison, alive and breathing after they have taken a life is just morally wrong