Capital Punishment???? Oh yes please.....

Bazj

Anyone who does not believe in God has no right to refer to God in a discussion as in 'Oh my God!' and 'Playing God' or 'Good God'. Anyone who uses such expletives is really displaying a subconscious belief in God no matter how much they may consciously insist that there is no God. :wink:

Cleo... people refer to god like they would refer to superman or batman..... they are all fictitious characters and should have no role in modern society. Unfortunately there are those; as has been shown last week, that take their belief in this mythical being a little further than others....

maybe a start would be to get the population to wise up and realise there is no god; there never was and that religion was created by some as a control method over their more gullible neighbours. Perhaps a ban on religion altogether would be an even better start.... it causes nothing but trouble

Hey up, algy's lost it again, he's using BIG letters

Not lost it Robbo me owd tater' just emphasising from Lt's satatement, which I thought to be a tad abrasive. :D:wink:

While we are on the subject have you the balls to offer an opinion, or are you just another one of Lt's soldiers. :unsure:

Not lost it Robbo me owd tater' just emphasising from Lt's satatement, which I thought to be a tad abrasive. :D:wink:

While we are on the subject have you the balls to offer an opinion, or are you just another one of Lt's soldiers. :unsure:

Algy if being popular is your game, and you think to be popular is to try to have ago at me, at least I am making you happy, it would be nice to see you make a stand on something you truly believe.

Anyone who does not believe in God has no right to refer to God in a discussion as in 'Oh my God!' and 'Playing God' or 'Good God'. Anyone who uses such expletives is really displaying a subconscious belief in God no matter how much they may consciously insist that there is no God. :wink:
Cleo, what utter bollocks, wasn't long ago you accused people of worshipping false Gods, Any religion that can strap explosives to one of its followers and blow them and as many non believers as possible has very serious issues. We are yet to see a successful Muslim state that is not crippled by corruption, I suggest you clean your own religion up first before having ago at other more peaceful ones, or peaceful non believers.

Asp,

Thank you for your honesty, I can see where you are coming from, and though I disagree with you on the main point, yours is at least one of the most reasonable posts, in the death penalty camp, if that's the right way to put it.

Get out of here kije! I have never accused anyone of worshipping fale gods!

FOR HEAVN'S SAKE MAN! It's not the religion that straps explosives to people. Damn it! gt it into your damned head that it the few terrorists heirarchy that are brainwasing the weak minded recruits (fodder) into believing that Allah wants them to blow themselves, taking with them anyone who happens to be in the vicinity with them, and promising them that for doing so they will enter paradise.

I suggest it is you, kije, that is spouting utter bollocks!

Peaceful none believers! lmao till it hurts. that should be in the jokes section.

Lt, I am not being flippant or attempting to be popular or having a go at you, I truly believe in what I stated and I will state it again, where someone has taken someones life and there are witnesses directly watching the killing the person responnjcsible should be put to death, the method I'm not concerned with and I do not think it unreasonable to ask if you agree, a simple reply from you as to either yes or know is all I ask!.

Allgy

We live in a Christian Country, Now I will admit not to being religious, but Christians preach forgiveness, as a Christian should you not be leading by example, or as a Christian can you pick and choose the bits of the bible you don't like?

Allgy We live in a Christian Country, Now I will admit not to being religious, but Christians preach forgiveness, as a Christian should you not be leading by example, or as a Christian can you pick and choose the bits of the bible you don't like?

Lt, what on earth are you on about?, I think your losing the plot, what the heck has it got to do with Christianity, it would not have made any difference to what faith those young people were that were murdered or what faith the murderers were, I don't say this very often but I really give up discussing this topic with you, it's apparent that you will say anything to avoid answering the question I put to you. Forget I ever stated anything and please don't bother to reply as I'm sick of your gibberish answers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well I've read all the posts, both for and against and I am undecided. However IMO the death penalty doesn't seem to deter people from committing serious violent crimes. The thing that deters is the likelihood of being caught and punished. The two nutters in Woolwich didn't seem to be deterred by the prospect of being killed, in fact they seemed to relish it by running straight at armed police, not sure that they wanted to be captured and punished.. So, undecided but probably leaning towards No.

• Upvote 2

In the bible Kije it states; an eye for an eye.... therefore the death penalty is compatible with a Christian society. That is why it is still legal in many US states (A Christian country)... WE NEED IT HERE TO GIVE A SHORT SHARP SHOCK TO ALL THE MUDERING SCUM THAT GET AN EASY RIDE AT OUR EXPENSE AFTER TAKING THE LIFE OF AN INNOCENT PERSON. Please remember that there is a huge difference between the victim and the perpetrator..... unfortunately, after the victim is murdered; it is only the murderer that has rights

In the bible Kije it states; an eye for an eye.... therefore the death penalty is compatible with a Christian society. That is why it is still legal in many US states (A Christian country)... WE NEED IT HERE TO GIVE A SHORT SHARP SHOCK TO ALL THE MUDERING SCUM THAT GET AN EASY RIDE AT OUR EXPENSE AFTER TAKING THE LIFE OF AN INNOCENT PERSON. Please remember that there is a huge difference between the victim and the perpetrator..... unfortunately, after the victim is murdered; it is only the murderer that has rights

i'm with you all the way on this one Baz!.

• Upvote 1

Might be wrong but is that not in Excudus, which is in the old Testement. Or as its sometimes called the Hebrew bible, the Christian testament is called the New Testement, where it says turn the other cheek.

Right idea algy to wait for reinforcements, sadly the wrong division turned up. :wink: