LIVERPOOL GO TOP

Gary

So you have sacked Gerrard as the best thing since sliced bread? Typical of a fickle scouser, he was virtually a one man team last season, how are the mighty fallen.

You could be excused for your change in hero worship if you were about 12 years old but surely you haven't changed the posters on your bedroom wall.

Bit too old for posters on the wall now - Gerrard was our best player and still is up there - but Torres is the one who scores all the goals and that is the most important part of any football team!

Any team at any level that has a couple of players who can bag 25-30 goals each a season is usually there or there abouts when it comes to winning stuff.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been here all the time and posted on the new thread that was set up by you about Did Liverpool Lose. Perhaps you remember it? or maybe you forgot to check the list of those who responded? Either way you will find that I did not go AWOL.

Well we may have lost last week but didn't we bounce right back this week. Seems to be one of Liverpool's strengths this season as Gary said earlier this week. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Liverpool still top of the league and their B team/youth team had an excellent result in Europe tonight won 3-1 in Holland against PSV.

I'd keep some of the youngsters in the team for the weekend! :roll:

That bit part player Keane even looked useful in the second half! :wink:

Liverpool still top of the league and their B team/youth team had an excellent result in Europe tonight won 3-1 in Holland against PSV.

I'd keep some of the youngsters in the team for the weekend! :roll:

That bit part player Keane even looked useful in the second half! :wink:

He's hopeless Gary, he's only scored 2 premier goals, the same as Berbatov :wink::wink::wink:

On the subject of a different club, what a dire mess Paul Ince has transformed Blackburn into. I'd be very, very surprised if he's in charge this time next week. Personally I find it quite a shame how badly Ince has done but the reality is, he jumped ship from League One to the Premiership far too quickly and the chances are no other Premiership club will ever take him on as Manager. You can either hack it or you can't, and Ince currently clearly lacks the managerial skills to succeed. I would suggest this is due to the fact that as far as I'm aware, he was appointed by Blackburn despite not yet having the usual top coaching badges needed. It wasn't this though that I thought would prove his downfall, it was the fact that one of his very first signings was Robbie Fowler, who couldn't ever bag himself a new deal at Championship club Cardiff City. Everyone knows he gave him a contract due to previously being mates with him and its exactly that kind of thing which top managers don't do. Although he's barely played him, the signing quickly undermined his authority and opened up all the cracks in his management. Rumours of player discontent at club management before the season has even started usually results in the manager getting the boot sooner or later. Remember Paul Sturrock at Southampton anyone? Two games into the season he found himself out of a job, failure to gain total backing and respect from your squad is a massive problem at Premiership level.

So I would suggest that Paul Ince's and Roy Keane's managerial careers will be forever tarnished by how their spells at Blackburn in Ince's case, and Sunderland in Keane's case turned out. Keane didn't even do that badly, but walked away just 24 hours after an 'ex friend' of his told the media Keane will never make it as a top manager. Walking away from the likes of Sunderland due to relatively poor form, will NEVER get you the job of manager at a bigger club, yet poor old Roy Keane seems to still believe he'll end up as Man United boss. He always did seem a bit mentally unstable. Perhaps he also fits the word 'deluded'.

Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't.

Sam Allardyce didn't last 5 minutes, nor did Brian Clough at Leeds, but they are/were still good managers.

Mark Hughes, isn't exactly setting Man. City on fire, now the novelty factor has warn off.

I think it is a lot harder for ex players to make it these days, because of the "instant" success wanted by the Directors and fans, and the money angle.

Also there are NO easy games when you are at the top as the top 4 can tell you.