LIVERPOOL GO TOP

Gary

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It reminds me of the day young Stevie (first name terms :wink: ) was caught fibbing.

On one of the many occasions his house was burgled, the Police asked if anything had been stolen.

Young Stevie said - "Yes officers, 6 Premiership winning medals."

One of the officers responded by saying " now now Mr Gerrard (not on first name terms) you're a fairly good footballer but you're no Phil Neville :wink:

It reminds me of the day young Stevie (first name terms :wink: ) was caught fibbing.

On one of the many occasions his house was burgled, the Police asked if anything had been stolen.

Young Stevie said - "Yes officers, 6 Premiership winning medals."

One of the officers responded by saying " now now Mr Gerrard (not on first name terms) you're a fairly good footballer but you're no Phil Neville :wink:

There's no answer to that wolfie :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It certainly brought this thread to an abrupt end :wink:

Yes but just think of how many more years Phil has over young Steven, it must be at least a decade. :D.

Stevie will still be scoring goals when Old Phil and his brohter will be playing in their testimonials. :wink:

Now a real Poo supporter would have known the answer to this, but for the sake of closet supporters the answer is 3 years.

:lol:

Geoff, don't let the truth get in the way of your excuseism.

Old Phil is three years older than Young Steve, which is the same gap in their respective debuts. Now when I went to school there were ten years in a decade (as in 'deca') whilst there are only three years in errm, three years.

Edit.

Sorry Busby, you were posting whilst I was still typing.

Ok point taken, I should have said 3 and a half decades of months that is.

Given that Gerrard hasn't even reached his peak who knows how many titles, cups etc he will lift, the only way is up.

In contrast for the Neville grandadies its creaking bones, sore muscles, early nights to bed to recover. Their only way is clinging on to their laurels and down the slippery slope. :)

Getting back to the IMPORTANT issues - performance on the pitch.

If you tally up every league performance since January of this year to the current day Liverpool have performed better than any other team in the Premier League.

They come out top, two points clear of Chelsea and six points clear of United.

So all they have to do is keep consistent until May next year and they will be Premiership Champions at long last.

Now I know this is a long way off - but the fact they are the top performers since January, when even the most ardent red would have admit they have not performed that well, it could be the dawn of a new era.

:roll:

Well Stoke stopped the shots yesterday and came away with a good point. Our point was enough to take us back to the top but instead on stoking up the goal tally, the ref poured water on Stevies excellent free kick. :x

However with the netful of chances that should have been mean that Liverpool are still looking on the up and in the top half unlike some North West Clubs.