Christmas again

Stallard12

Since you became an extremely successful adult, have you ever had the chance to thank someone by realizing one of their dreams?    It was easy for me, my father, born into poverty, always considered hampers from Fortnum and Mason, as the epitome of luxury.  Guess what we sent him for Christmas a few years ago ?  I understand that the discussion between him and the postman, about what was in the cane woven hamper, was hilarious.  Got to admit, the neighbors had to eat the quail's eggs in aspic !

Come on !!  We have to find something to drag PJ out of the Kremlin !

Don't know how this ended up in Political Soapbox. - calling Dizzy !

On 11/24/2018 at 11:13 PM, Stallard12 said:

Come on !!  We have to find something to drag PJ out of the Kremlin !

Don't know how this ended up in Political Soapbox. - calling Dizzy !

Am I to feature in all of your posts from now on?  Seems i have attracted an obsessive Merkin.  I would probably much sooner be in the Kremlin than in the Führerbunker with you Fascists Stallag 12.  $100 bills in envelopes, such a thoughtful and profound gift,  so representative of the true meaning of Christmas 

Martin Lewis on his money programme last week had an interesting new take on Christmas. He suggested that Christmas cripples so many people financially because they are obsessed with not being seen to spend less on presents given as opposed to gifts received. His idea is that "less is more" at Christmas time & keeps our bank managers happy while at the same time giving mega retailers the jitters.

I once bought my wife a Christmas present that was so memorable that to this day she insists in telling everyone about it and there's no many presents you can say that about. I still think though that Bex Bissle made excellent carpet sweepers.

Bill :)

• Upvote 1

I mentioned the strange placement in the post Diz.  I had a picture in my mind, of you slumped over your computer, snoring, while my post picked its own destination!

Anyhoo, while I'm on, heard a pundit on one of the shows that I watch, say that Christmas should be every two years, cos it's coming around so fast that it's getting boring.   As one who has always loved Christmas, I can't believe that I saying that I agree with that.  How about y'all?

I don't think that it's actually coming round so fast, it's more that the commercials are starting earlier every year, so that eventually Christmas shopping will start on 26th December (if it hasn't already). Unusually for me I've already done mine for this year. I'm not doing any 🤣🤣🤣

I still think though that Bex Bissle made excellent carpet sweepers.

Very good for the environment as they used renewable energy.👰

Easy to clean them, even if they got clogged with dog hair. two minutes to remove the rollers and slide hair of end and a quick scrub at the bristles with a stiff brush and good to go.

Surprising how often you see them come up on those antique programs as well and asking silly money for them.££££!!!!

My wife spends a small fortune on presents for the grand kids (Six in total) but rather than just one present, it's always a Santa sized sack for each of them. The kids rip into unwrapping them as quickly as possible, chuck em all over the place then get on with playing their favorit game on their tablet thing.

I had a bit of row with the Mrs Green this year over some of the Lego stuff that she said the kids wanted. £100 to build a Lego model car that the kids can't do and takes me hours to put together and then a couple of days later half of it's missing and oddly at the same time the Hoover's started making odd noises and not sucking!

Bill :)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

The only thing important for me over Christmas is spending quality time with my family - Happy Christmas everyone.!

As for all the ranting, back stabbing we have to witness in the world - forget it - all hot air and nastiness which we would all be better off without!

Peace and goodwill to all man kind, love thy neighbour, do the best you can in life and treat people how you expected to be treated yourself.

If you can't live by those rules don't cross my path!