Titanic

asperity

Blimey I hope the 'little' Titanic can move quicker than the cruise ship :shock:

I have to ask though... who in their right mind would ever think of naming a ship/boat 'Titanic'  these days...  slightly weird if you ask me.  

Yes photo trickery, to give a comparison between the superliner of 100 years ago and today. I believe there are plans to build a Titanic of the same form as the original but with modern safety features (which really worked well for the Costa Concodia!)

The Costa Concordia and the Titanic disasters had one thing in common.... arro0gance at the top of the command chain.. EJ Smith believed the hype about his ship being unsinkable (even though he had survived a major collision with his previous ship; the Titanic's sister; Olympic) which collided with a Royal Navy ship and ended up well bent.... (That is one of the conspiracy theories; that it wasn't the Titanic that sank but it was actually the Olympic which had been so badly damaged that they swapped it with Titanic and sank it in the Atlantic.... unfortunately the bit about other ships being to hand to rescue all on board went wrong and what happened happened and the Titanic then lived out her days as the Olympic until about 1936 when she was scrapped.... or so the theory goes!!!

The Costa Concordia and the Titanic disasters had one thing in common.... arro0gance at the top of the command chain.. EJ Smith believed the hype about his ship being unsinkable (even though he had survived a major collision with his previous ship; the Titanic's sister; Olympic) which collided with a Royal Navy ship and ended up well bent.... (That is one of the conspiracy theories; that it wasn't the Titanic that sank but it was actually the Olympic which had been so badly damaged that they swapped it with Titanic and sank it in the Atlantic.... unfortunately the bit about other ships being to hand to rescue all on board went wrong and what happened happened and the Titanic then lived out her days as the Olympic until about 1936 when she was scrapped.... or so the theory goes!!!

That theory was discredited when Ballard's team photographed the keel plate in the 1980s and it has the correct number for Titanic- Olympic's keel plate was also correct when it was scrapped- not the easiest part of a ship to be messing with