Where was this photo taken in Warrington.

algy

Where was this photo taken in Warrington.

Name the street and what were the names of the streets going off to the right and left.

I have blanked the street name on the side of the building on the right as it would have been a dead give away, it's fairly easy as it is!.

warrington.jpg

Might that be the back of Ryland's Church Street works? The netting dept. School Brow? Just a guess because I don't really know but it does look familiar.

Actually forget that, the building on the right looks like it has an entrance and Ryland's didn't have an entrance there.

Your correct Cleo, nothing to do with Ryland's or Church Street. :wink::D

I can't believe that no one has identified it as yet, I'll let the youngsters off (Except Dizz!) but not all you 'wrinklies' who must have walked along there hundreds of times.

No not Vernon Street - Hanson & Edward's and Cappers used to be down there.

Not Liverpool Road.

Not me on the bike Wolfie, although I have cycled along there many times.

I can't believe that no one has identified it as yet, I'll let the youngsters off (Except Dizz!) but not all you 'wrinklies' who must have walked along there hundreds of times.

No not Vernon Street - Hanson & Edward's and Cappers used to be down there.

Not Liverpool Road.

Not me on the bike Wolfie, although I have cycled along there many times.

Lythgoes Lane ?

How come all the other 'youngters' get let off but I don't Algy :(

I knew Wolfie was wrong though and it wasn't you on the bike as the person in the pic is wearing clothes and doesn't have your helmet on. :P

I still have no idea where it is but as I'm not being let off I;ll have to guess now.

As you say all the old 'wrinklies' on here must have walked along it hundreds of times.....

.... is it close to where a past cinema or dance hall used to be :?

I know what year the lorry was registered though if that gets me a 1/4 point... it was 1 August 1968 to 31 July 1969 :lol:

How come all the other 'youngters' get let off but I don't Algy :(

I knew Wolfie was wrong though and it wasn't you on the bike as the person in the pic is wearing clothes and doesn't have your helmet on.

.... is it close to where a past cinema or dance hall used to be :?

I know what year the lorry was registered though if that gets me a 1/4 point... it was 1 August 1968 to 31 July 1969 :lol:

Then you wonder why I haven't let you off. :roll:

No clues for you young lady. :roll:

No 1/4 points only full ones!. :roll:

__________________________________________________________________________________

Not Academy Street, although I believe a one way system was operating at one time.

Then you wonder why I haven't let you off. :roll:

No clues for you young lady. :roll:

No 1/4 points only full ones!. :roll:

Have I annoyed you Algy :lol:

So I guess that means that the road in question was not near a cinema or dance hall then.

PS next time you give me THREE :roll::roll::roll: in one post I'll give you a warning or I'll start calling you 'Peter; :P:lol: (only kidding) :D

Have I annoyed you Algy :lol:

So I guess that means that the road in question was not near a cinema or dance hall then.

PS next time you give me THREE :roll::roll::roll: in one post I'll give you a warning or I'll start calling you 'Peter; :P:lol: (only kidding) :D

You guessed wrong! my nasty little carbuncle, (term of endearment) :wink::D :grin:

Not O'Leary Street.

Not Bewsey Road.

Not Orford Lane.

Not Winwick Road.

Clue - There used to be lots of files kept in the building on the right but not in filing cabinets.

Stubbs, wilderspool causeway. Or Scotland Road.

Congratulations Cleo, Mistress of all she surveys, took you a while but you beat the young whipper snapper on this one! :wink::lol: :lol: :lol:

applause.gif

Scotland Road it is, Cockedge Lane to the right, Town (Pig) Hill to the left, what was Stubb's File works on the corner of Cockhedge Lane.