Not an issue, more of a compliment!.

algy

Travelled along Long lane to the junction with Winwick Road for the first time since the island was removed and the new junction has been finished, really impressed with the traffic flow, the traffic light sequence appears to be timed correctly, with traffic flowing smoothly, whoever was responsible for this improvement should be congratulated!.

What time was this? Traffic was tailing back from this junction to McDonalds at approx 5.00pm on Tuesday.....

1500hrs Tuesday (yesterday). I can only comment on how it was at that time, also the volume of traffic has nothing to do with the flow of traffic, you will almost certainly have a high volume of traffic leaving Warrington for the two motorways at peak times - almost unavoidable, the only hope the town has is that Wolfie comes on and solves this problem!. :wink::D :grin:.

Didn't know you had a problem alg, not with the traffic flow that is. :wink:

'Bloody Hell' - here we go again, I don't have any problem with the traffic flow, Wolfie, I think it might be AppleJunkie that has a problem but not with traffic flow, with the lack of traffic flow, so try him m8 it's not my problem this time!.

Not my experience im afraid.

Last saturday monrning, queuing northbound from MacDonalds.

Also trying to get southbound into the Alban is difficult as the slip road is too short and sequence not long enough. Similar problem leaving the Alban in that you hit a queue the minute you exit the car park.

Compared to the old roundabout, it isnt an improvement but this is par for the course with traffic lights in Warrington. Take them years to get it right.

On a seperate but connected issue, i note ASDA at Westbrook have applied to build a new exit directly onto Cromwell to get past those still stupid lights.

It wont be sorted because the two issues I highlighted are on different arms of the junction and as such if you give more time to one arm you create a bigger queue on the other.

Westbrook lights stand as a monument to the incompetence of the traffic dept. £1m+ spent and still not right to the point where Asda are having to apply for another exit. When Sainsburys Local opens in Chapelford, ASDA will lose a lot of low value business as it will be quicker and easier to pop there rather than battle with these lights.

They have done with the Winwick Road lights exactly what they did with Westbrook and that is they have not allowed for the exiting of large volumes of traffic from shopping centres.

At Westbrook, they got rid of the roundabout and put the lights in which then causes stationary traffic build up back and past the entrance to ASDA which then backs up into their car parks and causes chaos

The Alban retail park had a "no right turn policy" when exiting so if you were going to say Bewsey, Dallam etc. you had to turn left and then supposedly go round the roundabout and back up Hawleys Lane (Just like you have to do when leaving Calver Road now)

Now however, they have got rid of the roundabout and there is no where to turn around after leaving Alban and so cars are backing up into their car park. I went to Halfords once since they have done these lights and will not be going there again because it took 35 minutes just to get out of the car park!!There is only a set time that traffic flows now on Hawleys Lane and if the traffic is back past the entrance to Alban, you get one or two cars out and that's it....

The Winwick Road lights may be fine for Through traffic on the A49 (although that is open to debate) but it has totally screwed over the retail park and Hawleys Lane and Long Lane.....

Another danger now on Hawleys lane is now they have defined the road into a two way with a centre section full of right and left turn sections which are ignored by people at the back of the queue coming up Hawleys lane and overtaking because they want to go into the petrol station or want to go to the tile shop.... Chaos at its best!!

Did you not start the topic then algy? :unsure:

Robbo, (and all others that have noticed!) I apologies, yes I did start the topic, what I meant to say to Wolfie was "try him m8 it's not my problem" referring to AppleJunkie's comment - "What time was this? Traffic was tailing back from this junction to McDonalds at approx 5.00pm on Tuesday". I have been a bit sneaky and edited my reply. :oops:

At 10.00am this morning I had to get onto Winwick road towards M62 from Hawleys lane, and although the lights were on green nothing was moving because traffic from Long lane was still turning right onto Winwick road. Not sure if that was meant to happen or they were all driving through a red light. :unsure: :unsure: Either way it caused chaos.