Not an issue, more of a compliment!.

algy

At 10.00am this morning I had to get onto Winwick road towards M62 from Hawleys lane, and although the lights were on green nothing was moving because traffic from Long lane was still turning right onto Winwick road. Not sure if that was meant to happen or they were all driving through a red light. :unsure: :unsure: Either way it caused chaos.

The first time I used these lights, and I use them a lot, I was astonished to find myself using the right hand lane from Long Lane to turn right, but finding another car in the left hand lane doing the same and then being joined by a third coming from Hawleys Lane and beeping at both of us. Three lanes into two and who has right of way? A complete disaster, as far as I am concerned/ :roll:

They could do an arrow on the road for those coming out of Hawley's Lane turning right onto Winwick Road in the direction of town. For anyone not familiar with the roads it isn't obvious where you should turn especially if there is no traffic. It may stop the odd person nearly turning down the what is infact the feeder road on Winwick Rd for those turning right into Long Lane.

I have also seen someone in the feeder lane turn right onto Long Lane when infact their light was still on RED... the other light in the eyeline which turn to green first is actually for the other lanes going straight up Winwick. Luckily for them there was not traffic coming the other way. I guess only dimwitts would do that though.

News page says a cyclist got injured near there this morning where the college/pub are :( Not blaming the lights, I just thought I'd mention it, but that's two pedestrian type accidents around there in as many weeks the first being two young girls.

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/12678/1/Cyclist-injured-in-road-crash/Page1.html

The green traffic light to turn left from Hawleys lane onto Winwick road only allows you to travel 15 yards at which point you have to give way to traffic already on Winwick road, most of which is turning right from Long lane. :roll: :roll:

If you are at the front, I find hitting 60 round the bend gets you in front of the traffic from Long Lane!! :D

At 10.00am this morning I had to get onto Winwick road towards M62 from Hawleys lane, and although the lights were on green nothing was moving because traffic from Long lane was still turning right onto Winwick road. Not sure if that was meant to happen or they were all driving through a red light. :unsure: :unsure: Either way it caused chaos.

The first time I used these lights, and I use them a lot, I was astonished to find myself using the right hand lane from Long Lane to turn right, but finding another car in the left hand lane doing the same and then being joined by a third coming from Hawleys Lane and beeping at both of us. Three lanes into two and who has right of way? A complete disaster, as far as I am concerned/ :roll:

I was going to report just that the system was connected last week to Urban Traffic Control, so phases are adjusted to meet traffic flows. So far as I can see, the northbound queues have largely gone. As to the points above, the arrangement of two lanes turning right from Long Lane is not uncommon (e.g. joining the East Lancs eastbound at Lowton) and Hawleys Lane traffic should give way (and should not meet traffic from Long Lane when Hawleys Lane has green for straight on / right). The alternative is not to have the green light for the left turn, which would delay traffic from Hawleys Lane when there's nothing coming from Long Lane - or is all in the right hand lane. I hope that's clear.

Steve.... 4pm this afternoon coming from Bewsey back to Westbrook the traffic was backed up past the entrance to Eddie Stobarts.... so bad in fact, I turned round and went home via Lovely Lane.....

(Good to chat the other day by the way..... still couldn't believe that Kestrel and pigeon thing though!!)